9.07.2006

Go shorty, it's your bih-day

Last week I was walking by one of Chicago's many poster walls* when I saw one that stopped me in my tracks.

Apparently, Beyonce dropped a new album on Tuesday. Please understand if this does not register as huge news in my world**.

The name of this album - "B'Day." From what I understand, the album was released on or near her birthday and so this is the intended meaning of the title.

But let's take just a second to examine what the title really reminds you of***. Especially when you say it out loud and really observe the apostrophe.

B'Day.

Bih-day.

Bidet.

Ladies and gentlemen, we present Beyonce's brand new album - it'll shoot water up your butt.



*Literally, walls or sides of buildings (aka walls) covered in promotional posters for movies, music and the newest energy drink guaranteed to make your heart explode.

**What IS huge news - Suri, the Asian toupeed baby.

***Okay, maybe it's only me. But I find it hilarious, which is good enough for me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I know this isn't supposed to be the main amusement of your post, but the description of baby Suri was what got me. Basically I learned a lesson: don't read Tim blogs at my desk. Why you may ask? Because they cause spontaneous laughter that may be too loud causing interesting looks from those waiting in the lobby...punk.

Anonymous said...

Whose child is this?

Scott said...

Destiny's?

Timmy Tapeworm said...

That laid to rest, in Mary's lap is sleeping?

Anonymous said...

Touche'

Scott said...

I DEMAND new posts. DEMAND them good sir. Further, I demand you are on AIM sometimes, so you can conspire with Rob and I to take over Digg.

- Scott

Josh said...

Had dinner with the rents last night, Mom still shakes her head over your post.