6.04.2008

Finally, news

Here we go, friends and random onlookers. Two big announcements in the world of Tim.

First and by far most importantly, Rebecca and I are engaged.

To be married! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT

On Memorial Day afternoon, I took her for a walk by Lake Michigan. It's one of our favorite places in the city to walk. We love watching the dogs at Dog Beach, the boats coming in and out of Belmont Harbor and people generally being happy. You can see the great city skyline from there too. It's quite nice, and it was pretty that day, so nice doubly so.

Anyway, romantic buildup and preamble aside, I asked, she said yes, we're happy.

No, we haven't set a date. Do people assume that I asked that question immediately after the big question? And that she had a definite answer to which I could concretely agree? Come on, people. We've barely been engaged a week. Give us some time.

Besides, I'm sure we'll have plenty of time to talk about it during our big adventure.

What adventure, you ask?


Why, the one that shall take place aboard this gigantic ship, of course.

Rebecca and I have been hired by The Second City to provide onboard entertainment for the Norwegian Jade. We ship out in late July and we'll be on the ship for 4 months touring the UK and Mediterranean, entertaining Ohio tourists and Saudi oil sheiks alike.

Neither of us have ever been overseas, so we're excited to see a little bit of the world on someone else's dime and make people laugh all along the way.

I'll report more news as it comes, but just know that we're excited on all counts.

Ch-ch-ch-changes...

8 comments:

lynette said...

yay tim! i'm very excited for you both. that is you and the boat.

Unknown said...

That is f-ing awesome. Mazel Tov!

Josh said...

yeah? considering that I can run faster than you, I'm mildly excited by your news.

Unknown said...

I am so jealous...and excited. Congrats and congrats!

Unknown said...

Tim,
That is SPECTACULAR news. Kudos to both of you! You got it right, though. Ask her to marry you, then go on the honeymoon BEFORE the wedding.

That's what it is, right?

Rob said...

Tim,

Since we actually had a phone conversation, I can't really claim you've been ignoring our friendship. I can't stay mad at you for not having introduced Rebecca and I before, I understand that people are busy. But I should let you know I took matters into my own hands and will be meeting Rebecca this weekend. You might want to forewarn her.

Natalie said...

You are the best. Both of you.

doshtate said...

Congrats Tim!