6.15.2005

Travels and trevails.

Okay, I lied. The cool picture posts aren't happening yet and now I'm going to Chicago for a few days for fun times with the parents and maybe a little apartment shopping. Man, that's crazy. Apartment shopping. That's big boy stuff. Ah, whatever. So here, as usual, are a couple pictures to tide you over until my return.



This is my character in Guild Wars, Pax Ascelpius. Note how cool he is. Note the awesome new Smiting Wand in hand. Notice how the very landscape glows in his presence. Note the regal features, yet approachable and kind demeanor. Note how there are about a billion hot lady characters
(some of whom might actually be ladies in real life) just outside the frame waiting to make out with Pax. He's awesome.

This next one I have to link to because it's on a site that wants you to buy the picture, so they ingeniusly do not allow you to right-click and save. But believe me when I say that it is quite possibly the greatest graduation picture ever. Nice job, Raph. You shook your tassel in front of your face AND managed to look completely stoned at the same time.

Finally, some sad news. The New Church of the Mighty Ducks is sad to report the passing of one of their own. Lane Smith, who played opposing coach Jack Reilly in the original Mighty Ducks, passed away today at the age of 69. Many of you may also remember him as editor Perry White in The Adventures of Lois and Clark on ABC in the mid-90's. Coach Reilly was the guy you loved to hate, berating a young Bombay for missing that fateful penalty shot, then taunting him in adulthood (and yet looking like he hadn't aged a day), and Smith played him well. The NCMD wishes Smith peace as he heads to that great Minnesota ice pond in the sky.

Timmy Tapeworm, Keeper of the Cake
The New Church of the Mighty Ducks

7 comments:

Rob said...

So that's the infamous Raph, eh? I'm glad to really have a good impression of what the boy looks like. And what's all this posting about how big of dorks we are? First Scott and then you... you guys aren't very good at being closet ubernerds. Next thing you're gonna do is admit that we have "guild meetings" at the apartment where we dress in black robes and only refer to eachother by character names.

Scott said...

10,000 bonus points for using a conjugation of the word trevail. It's one I like to use from time to time, and it's always nice to know that there's at least one person in whose presence I can use it and not have to play dictionary right afterwards.

Now onto the post itself. Milking Guild Wars screenshots for a post? That's so lame. I mean, if you don't have anything to post about you should just say so. And then draw a decapitated celebrity. But who goes around writing funny things about his Guild Wars charac... ok nevermind.

But I will say that I was able to save that picture of Raph using a little tool I like to call the right way. So if you (or Raph) want it, mosey on over to my blog where I've posted it on the front page to spite you and your poor effort at ripping off Joelsch (who provided my living room with that awesome picture of Rolling Ghettos).

- Scott

Anonymous said...

She is of Soft Hands is deeply mournful at the news of the passing of our beloved friend and cast member and calls for an official moment of silence in his honor....

...Moment over.

I was going to suggest you post that picture of Raph for everyone's enjoyment when you emailed it to me, but you beat me to it.

Pax isn't as hot as Link. Sorry. But I'm sure if I was one of the billion hot lady characters (one who is a lady in real life), I know who's guild I'd want to join, if you know what I mean. Wait...I don't even really know what I mean.

-Siosh (She is of Soft Hands)

tara d. said...

usa!
so we get you back here in chicago? i couldn't be happier. what a nice dude to add to our everyday. if you need help while you're here, please call on any of us csz-ers!

Scott said...

Look at what you did. LOOK AT IT! You've gotten us so used to you NOT posting, that even after nine days no one has bitched. Sure you're in Chi-town. Sure there's big stuff going down, what with jobs, and apartments, and more exciting prospects, but you've got to at least string the audience along. Haven't you taken any lessons from Smallville?

Shame on you sir. Shame on you.

- Scott

Anonymous said...

See, Tim would really like for us all to believe that he's busy with job and apartment hunting in Chicago, but I know the truth. Hey Pax, how about taking a few minutes out of your quest to level 21 and toss us a few paragraphs... maybe a few pics too, while you're at it. Or maybe just a....sentence, perhaps. I need to entertain me between sleeping and working.

- keri

Anonymous said...

Tim...this is Claire who has snuck over to your site by way of Emeric's journal. I'm playing Guild Wars now too!!!!!!! How exciting. And I am trying very hard. If you and Raph ever like are bored and start new lower level characters or something let me know. The third level henchmen they give me die a lot or randomly get stuck on things and this causes my character pain. Both of my characters...lots of pain.