7.12.2006

Ah, the old "Davidson Sweep..."

Big ups to the ladies of Cheetara, who won their first-round match in the World Series of Pop Culture. Erin Davidson really came through for them with a little technique I call "The Davidson Sweep." Take that, guy wearing girls jeans! Take that, shoegazer!

I was watching with a ton of people at Fizz after ComedySportz rehearsal, which was super fun. Everyone cheered whenever a Cheetara member was even briefly pictured and booed the other team. It was just like watching a melodrama, except no one got tied to the train tracks. I felt bad booing the two girls on the other team because they seemed pretty nice, if a little pretentious. But I could boo that knob Colin for all eternity.


The message boards have already lit up (and by that I mean 3 posts and 2 replies) with people saying how obnoxious they find Cheetara's exuberance. You say obnoxious, I say infectious. Plus, you're posting on the Internet about someone you just saw on TV and decided you didn't care for. Which one is really obnoxious here?

Go Cheetara! Take out those Laser Wolves!


P.S. I don't know (and neither do they) when their next episode airs, but I'll let you know. For those of you keeping track, this is about the third ComedySportz ensemble member to be on a nationally televised game show in the past 9 months. We're smart people. And gamey.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

3 days in a row!!! to what do we owe the honor?

Timmy Tapeworm said...

A renewed sense of obligation?

Rob said...

Tim, I missed the other posts, because I had stopped checking every single day. But I had seen this post yesterday, and just didn't know how to reply. Frankly, I haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about. But glad to see you're alive!

Scott said...

"...We're smart people. And gamey."

Well then, I'll be sure to use a meat tenderizer before I eat any of you.

- Scott

Rob said...

Tim! I found a song for you! "Just as Long as Me"