6.29.2007

I guessed it right away


The men of ComedySportz (heretoafter known as Champion's Club) met at Lincoln Square Lanes for a long-awaited outing last night. The ladies of CSz meet fairly regularly for fun times. The guys never do. So this was a big deal, and the 7 people who came really enjoyed themselves.

In this picture, Martin is ironically using the hand dryer.

Me: I'm always surprised to discover that the hand dryer still exists. In my mind, it's solely a conceit for improvisers to signify a setting or activity.
Martin: Ah, like so many things in life.

It is kind of a sad truth. I can think of a few things where I knew of the joke before I knew of the reality, Joe Cocker first and foremost among them.

8 comments:

lynette said...

this post makes no sense to me.

Timmy Tapeworm said...

Maybe you shouldn't spend so much time learning about religion at a graduate level and spend more time doing funny make-'em-ups. Then you'd get it and your life would probably be more awesome.

Anonymous said...

Is the guy in that picture the one who did that freaking hilarious ethel merman impersonation when I came? If so, he made me laugh so hard I had tears in my eyes. Only happened one other time during that show: you rapping...lol.

Timmy Tapeworm said...

It sure is. Martin not only did the Ethyl Merman impression, but also Liberace. That's called range, friends.

Anonymous said...

Or bloody brilliant...lol.

Anonymous said...

Wow. This is the greatest comment page in the history of blogs. I am printing all this out to go in my "ego-boost" file. I love you, j fi, wherever you are.

Timmy Tapeworm said...

I hoped you would see this, Martin. Because that ego-boost file can never get too full.

Or can it...

Anonymous said...

Martin- Glad to add an extra boost to the file. I also appreciate the love. As for my location, it is newly the city of Chicago and I will thus be returning to Comedy Sportz for hopefully more improv worth ego boosting. I guess only time will tell...

Timmy- completely off topic here, but I wanted to ask you...the new Harry Potter book comes out rather soon...I have not pre-ordered (as I like papreback editions), so are you or is someone you know buying it who might let me borrow said book for a day or so to read when they are done? I am going to be seeing Josh and Allyn the first week of August and I can already imagine the disgust if I have not read it and thereby, cannot allow book discussion...please help save me from this horrible fate if you can.