6.08.2007

It's normally Concordes. That's the joke.


This is the latest installment of me telling everyone who reads this about what's happening in my life by sharing a funny video I found on the Internet.

Flight of the Conchords is New Zealand's fourth most popular folk-comedy duo. And they've parlayed that impressive standing into a series on HBO. You can watch the entire first episode on the Internet. If the first episode is any indication, it should be pretty great.

After I stumbled upon that episode, I watched everything I could find of theirs on YouTube, which includes some pretty great songs like the full versio
n of The Humans are Dead, Business Time and the
Hiphopopotamus vs. Rhymenoceros.

I realize I'm probably pretty late to this train. If so, why has no one informed me about this train? Were there not tickets available at an earlier time? Was there a closer stop to my apartment than the one I found? Please, people. Trains like this need to be boarded.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Tim. I thought you would have already knwon about this. Lesson learned...

Jon said...

One of these guys is in a new Independent movie that's coming out soon. I caught the trailer on the iTunes site. Then I imdb'ed the cast and found out the guy was on Flight of the Concordes. Then I youtube'd it. And I did the exact same thing you did Tim, watched every song youtube could show me. But I did it at 3am on a Saturday night.

I didn't tell you because you're never home. (sniff)

Unknown said...

Rob and I were watching their videos last week.... I watched all of them I couldn't stop myself. The Humans are Dead was probably one of my favorites.... the computer voice and the binary.... AWESOME!