2.04.2008

More cube news

For Christmas, in lieu of a gift or a bonus, a couple of our higher-ups purchased two llamas* for impoverished workers in Central America. I thought this was actually pretty cool, as I'm doing okay but I bet those guys really appreciated the llama.

Also, they named one of the llama* Dolly. Dolly Llama.

We're a creative bunch around here.

To go in tandem with the gift, an award was instituted: The Dolly Llama Award. To be awarded to the employee who has been working the hardest under tough conditions. Also the one who's been eating the worst and spitting a lot? I wasn't entirely clear on the criteria.

Anyway, I was the inaugural recipient.

I won the traveling trophy you see above. It's very soft and my boss had to go all the way to the zoo to find a stuffed llama, so I'm pretty proud of it.

It was supposed to be a monthly award. It's February and no one has tried to take it away. I don't plan on reminding anyone.


*Plural of llama - llama or llamas**? Discuss.
**Lorenzo Lamas?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The plural is llamas.

As for naming the llama Dolly...well, it may be clever in context, but not in terms of animal naming. Cloned Sheep? Dolly. Borden's cow? Dolly. Seriously now...

Anonymous said...

oh...and two thumbs up for a cute plushy award on your desk...i guess.

Anonymous said...

In what way were you working the hardest in January, and why were the conditions so tough? These are the questions we need answered in blog entries. The drama! The intrigue! The emotion!!!

Anonymous said...

Also, at my old workplace they instituted a similar kind of award that was supposed to be given monthly. After the first recipient held onto whatever the "marker" was (it was no awesome llama) for probably three or four months, my boss scrambled around and gave me the award next. I held it until I left that place (I think), many months later. I think the whole award withered and died at that point. I'm not positive, but it seems likely. Anyway, that's just one man's experience.

Timmy Tapeworm said...

Thanks Jess and Wilson. For being the last two people on Earth to read and comment on this thing.

To answer your question, I was doing my job, covering the other Account Coordinator on the team who was gone for two weeks in December and also doing some creative concepting and copywriting.

It really wasn't that awful, but it was much more than I normally do, so it probably seemed like a lot to people.

Is that intriguing? Probably not. I should have just let your imagination do the work, right? Oh well.

Jon said...

On a scale of 1 to 10, how sad will you be when the llama is given to the next person, with 1 being not sad at all and 10 being utterly depressed?

Timmy Tapeworm said...

Eh...3. Much like the nature photos, most days I forget to even look at it.

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, your parents are VERY proud of you.