2.13.2008

It's fun to make believe


In slightly more optimistic news, my Second City Conservatory classmates and I have started our run of Level 5 shows. Our first one was unfortunately canceled due to low attendance, but we had plenty of people this week and so got to put up our first show, the highlights of which you can see in the above video, lovingly shot and edited by our own Lindsey. Well done there.

Of course, wouldn't you know that our director got sick just in time to miss our first real set, so we can't get any notes on it. That's a bummer.

But I'm really happy of the stuff we're putting up and proud of the work I've done with this class as a whole. I feel really fortunate to have the classmates I do, especially when hearing other people's horror stories about the weird dude who threatens to kill you in every scene.

It's also been my honor to teach my classmates everything I know about LARPing, which is apparently a lot. Or at least a lot more than you might expect. (You can see the scene where this comes into play briefly in the video. You'll know it because I'm holding a yellow foam sword that is actually a child's pool toy.)

We've only just begun, so please feel free to come check out the show! Every Monday night until the end of March. 8:00 (be there by 7:45 for tickets, which are only $5) at Second City etc in Piper's Alley (North and Wells).

And yes, I am getting a lap dance in one of the scenes. Calm down. It's just pretend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was already looking forward to coming on Monday, but now...*snicker snicker*

Wandering Explorer said...

Well done, Tim.

Scandelous, but well done.

Amy said...

Tim, sure looks exciting! I'm coming to Chicago in a few months and hope to come sometime!

Anonymous said...

You look real heavy in this show, Ryder. Real heavy. You're in like every single clip. Also: the guitar?

Timmy Tapeworm said...

Martin, I have many talents of which you are unaware. That is also me playing the saxophone in the clip. You have no idea what I'm capable of.

Also, I was a little heavy in that show. But it was only a preview and I'm sure that will be corrected in the long run. Even I get sick of my shenanigans.

Unknown said...

It's funny. You check a friend's blog every now and then (like every six months or so) to see what they have been up (when you already see them once a week). You see them lament the same things as you, like the closing of seedy businesses on Belmont ( or now "Bleh"mont"), not that I am all for seedy businesses, but they have their right to exist.

Also, you see they are in a show with other people ("friends"). You see them get a lapdance in a show from a funny, delightful person who also made-out nightly in a play with my girlfriend.

That in a weird way makes Tim and I on a weird coital chain of sorts which, or course, sounds SEEDY. Which brings everything full circle again.

Nicole and I hope to make it out to your SC run, friend.