5.16.2008

Beamz! It's with a z, people. Get with it.


Just when you thought your complete lack of rhythm meant you could never be a musician...

Just when you thought everything involving lasers was awesome...

Just when you thought Sharper Image products had reached a pinnacle of absurdity...

Comes the Beamz Music System!

Never have white dudes been whiter. Never have wannabe rockstars looked so nerdy. Never has there been such a dated and overused pop culture reference attached with so little sense*.

The Beamz Music System - $600 to look like a complete moron for the hour you actually play with it.


* At 2:48 in the video.

3 comments:

Josh said...

Made even better by the exact time stamp.

I missed your call earlier because I was in my piano lesson. I was obnoxiously popping my gum and tossing my ponytails while my teacher rolled his eyes.

Rob said...

I never noticed the 2:48 reference.

It reminds me of this plastic keyboard I had when I was a kid. No matter which key you pressed it would chime out the next note in Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. When I was 4 I though I was cool cause I could jazz it up by messing with the rhythm. I thought I was actually creating music at the time, but hey, I was four... and it cost less than $10.

Kyle Lobner said...

Can you use it to play White and Nerdy? Because that's what the people in the video should be playing.

Ideas like this are the reason Sharper Image went bankrupt.