5.13.2008

A tenacious D

I have a love/hate relationship with my handwriting. Sometimes I think it's pretty cool, sometimes it's horribly embarrassing. Mostly it just seems superfluous. I do most of my writing with a keyboard, so what does it matter what illegible symbols my hand scratches out?

But there are some forms at work that I still fill out by hand. These are forms I created myself for my own purposes, so maybe there is a part of my brain that still enjoys using a good pen every once in a while.

Anyway, this is all just preamble to my main point.

Look at that D.

That is a freaking sweet D.

I wasn't even trying to make it so awesome. I was just writing and then that happened.

Nice.


(This is the kind of hard-hitting stuff you guys come here for, right?)

5 comments:

Timmy Tapeworm said...

I mean, I went to all the effort to scan it in and then edit it to protect the person's identity and then wrote this post. This - this is what my life is?

Unknown said...

Too bad your name isn't Dim Dyder -- you'd have a rockstar signature!

Scott said...

Dim would be a pretty sweet name. It's also the method in Visual Basic to declare a variable.

Also, didn't we do this in 2006? I'll give you that you actually provided examples. I never got around to uploading how awesome my 3's are.

Timmy Tapeworm said...

Martin, I actually do have a rockstar signature. It's the one part of my handwriting I've actually thought about. The T and R form a little structure together and the im and yder file into it like dwarves into a cave.

Scott, please stop referencing Visual Basic on my blog. This thing is nerdy enough as it is.

Also nerdy? Your blog in 2006. Boy, remember when we had friends?

Josh said...

All right, here we are, this time I'm serious. 7 posts in as many days. I'm formally announcing my return to the blogosphere, for the second time. There's even talk of a 30 Day/30 Post challenge in the wind.
However, the fact that I'm using another blog's comment space does not bode well for the success of said blog.