8.20.2008

Cuidado! Un toro?



In Malaga, we went to a Picasso museum because I guess he lived here at some point? Things are occasionally difficult to understand here as they are in Spanish and all I remember from high school is "Me gusta comprar con Mama y Papa en el supermercado.*"

Anyway, the museum was awesome but they didn't let us take pictures which was a shame because that dude painted some cool stuff. Conveniently, most of it was available in postcard form in the gift shop.

Later, we found a bullfighting ring and I pretended I was a statue of a bullfighter. I did not pretend I was an actual bullfighter because I know my limitations.


* Translation: "I like to shop with Mom and Pop in the supermarket." I only remember it because I learned it in song form, officially the best way to learn and remember anything. It's the reason I still remember Stick Stickley's address, and who the heck needs to know that?

2 comments:

Kyle Lobner said...

It wasn't until reading your footnote that I realize I still know Stick Stickly's address too:

Write to me, Stick Stickly
PO Box 963
New York City, New York State, 10108!

Anonymous said...

I like to shop
Me gusta comprar
With Mom and Pop
Con Mama y Papa
In the grocery store
En el supermercado!

Lettuce...
LECHUGA!

You don't know me, I don't know you, but I was looking for a video of that song, which I too had to watch in high school Spanish class, and your site is the one that came up (at least the one in English).

And I will never forget StiCK StiCKly's address. I will probably be reciting it on my death bed, [hopefully] many many years down the road.

-SJ