8.10.2008

Now this is happening.


Rebecca and I in Firenze, Italia



Yes...so. Here I am in Europe. At present, the waters southwest of England en route to Malaga, Spain.


Let us see if I can summarize the intervening time since the last post with anything resembling brevity. To catch you up, you see.

After my last day at Euro, I watched Rebecca's last home show with RedCo, which was great but also sad. We then headed west to visit some family. A lovely day with Josh and Allyn in Princeton followed by an equally lovely 4th of July in Ventura with Rebecca's dad and stepfamily* made for a lovely roadtrip indeed. INDEED!

Rebecca then flew down to Texas for a few days to enjoy the company of her sister and mother while I made some preparations for the journey ahead. We then spent a frenzied week and a half as such - rehearsals in the daytime, running lines or writing our own material or spending large amounts of money at Target in the evening. I really have never spent so much at Target in one visit. Shareholders of Target, you are welcome.

One cramped transatlantic flight later, we found ourselves in jolly olde England, only to jump right on the boat. We met the departing castmembers on the gangway and wished each other well. A wrestling-style tagout, if you will**. We then rehearsed a lot, did some shows and got the first cruise under our belt.

I may have oversummarized here. It is possible I will revisit some of the events of the first two weeks. Some of the things Nick did are especially worth mentioning, if only for their sheer audacity.

Regardless, this brings you to today. The beginning of our second cruise of the contract. Our producer and director have left and, some would say, our adventure has truly begun.

Onward, then.***



*This, I'm positive, is a term.

**And you will.

***It is entirely possible that my writing style has changed to reflect my new surroundings. If it seems overly pompous and formal, you must understand - I am surrounded by Brits.

2 comments:

lynette said...

tim. did i ever tell you about finding your italian twin in the...was it venice?....train station. josh might remember. you sort of look like him in the photo. see if you can track him down.

Anonymous said...

Tim, When Rob saw this photo, he remembered that he and Josh were also in this very spot a couple years ago. And,,,, I took a picture here in (believe it or not) 1972! I actually ran into someone I knew here. Small world moment.

Mom