12.19.2004

Look out, Eastern Seaboard!

That's a funny term, isn't it? Seaboard? Why is that stretch of our country referred to as a "seaboard"? Honestly, what's the deal with the seaboard? And...we're done.

Anyway, I'm headed out to the Eastern Seaboard today. I've got a one-way ticket to Boston, which sounds a lot cooler than it is. I'm not headed there to look for my fortune or strike gold or anything. Just picking up my bro and driving back. That's right, we're driving from Boston to Springfield, Illinois. The ultimate road trip. Only with none of the usual road trip trappings like hot girls or warm weather. Or really any stops of any kind. I'm going to see if I can totally avoid touching the ground between there and here. Or at least avoid treading on the soil of any red states.

So hope for the best as Josh and I embark on what I have tenatively named The "We'll Be Home for Christmas Tour 2004." I've made mix CDs, so we should be okay. Those are much more important than maps, right?

4 comments:

Rob said...

Yay Tim! You're such a good brother...
You know when you get back, Mom French wants to have a Ryder-French Dinner hosted at our house, So you have THAT to look forward to. You can use that as your motivation for not pulling any more 540's or anything.

Good luck with the not touching ground in any red states. I hope you have some empty bottles to take care of the business.

Anonymous said...

Wahoo!!! I am so excited for you both. Although if I could speed along the trip a bit by renaming it "Coming home for Allyn's birthday", would that motivate you two at all? Just kidding. Anyways, praying for safe travel for you both and can't wait to see you.
For Josh: I love you.
al

Jake said...

I think you'll do fine, Time. The only red states between here and Taxachussettes is Indiana (Ohio doesn't count!) At any rate, I'm sure your mix CDs will frighten away any naysayers all the same. They sure as hell scare me.

Rob said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLYN!!!!
For Josh: I still hate your hat.
For Al: I love you (as a boyfriend's best friend)