12.15.2004

Mini what now?

I meet a lot of interesting people at my internship. Young, creative, professional people for the most part. But so far my favorite person is one that I haven't even met. Every so often we get a new phone list at the office to represent anyone who might have been added or removed. A while ago, one of those lists contained what I believe to be the greatest name ever:

Mini Shanmuganandan.

Go on, try to say it. It's fun. I always end up adding about eight extra syllables on the end. I never really stop, I just trail off into a neverending string of Muganandan-an-dana-dan-dan-dans...

And the fact that her first name is Mini only compounds the hilarity. The idea that somewhere there might exist a larger, full-size Shanmuganandan is simply breathtaking.

Unfortunately, after about two weeks of laughing at her name on the phone list, we got a new one with her name absent. I have no idea what she did here or why she left, but things just aren't the same without her around. Or at least without her name on the phone list. I'm actually pretty glad I never met Mini, because there's no way I would be able to talk to her without cracking up. I guess I'll never know...

In other news, if you haven't seen this week's Strong Bad e-mail, you owe it to yourselves. Maybe it won't be as funny to someone who doesn't work at a college radio station, but it's funny how the world (or at least Strong Bad) perceives the genre. You know who loves college radio?

Mini Shanmuganandan-dan-a-dan-danan-dan-adan...


2 comments:

Scott said...

Ah Tim, I'm feeling lazy. And busy. Despite the fact that only one of them is the case (lazy), I was going to pretend I couldn't find the time to post a new shenanigan on my blog lately. But now that you have gone and posted, I look like I'm behind. Damn it Tim! Do you live to make more work for me?!

That's right you do. I see how it is. Fine I'll post, and it'll be hilarious. And you will RUE THE DAY you instagated this! You'll rue it. You'll rue all over the place, you'll sit down on the toilet and take a nice rue. Maybe you'll eat some Strawberry Rue-barb pie. After that you might think you're done, but oh how wrong you'll be. Just then you'll start singing a little song, "Rue rue rue my boat" and that's when it hits you: you aren't done ruing yet!

So prepare to rue! Hopefully you'll be a great rue-ler. Muwahhahaa

- Scott
Successfully running things into the ground for entertainment since 1985.

Rob said...

Tim, I really want to post on your blog... and make it witty and such. Problem: I'm on some heavy medication. Muscle Relaxors and such. Foaming at the mouth and have resorted to typing with my nose since I lost control of my arms. And in reguards to your question, I'm more of a chocolate chip icecream sorta guy.