3.17.2005

"Hit Me, Mike - I'm Open! Come On! Pass the Ball, Mike!"

Saw the Drake Theater Production of "Pippin" this past weekend. It was a 60's-influenced musical documenting the life of one of the sons of Charlemagne. This surprised me, as I went in with the impression that it was about the former Chicago Bulls power forward. But it turns out he spells his name Pippen, which should have tipped me off. But I was really looking forward to some of the musical numbers I imagined. Here's the song order, in my mind:

"Man, Pro Basketball is Hard."
"Living In Michael's Shadow."
"Three-peat, Foo!"
"Come Back, Michael. You Suck at Baseball."
"Three-peat Again, Foo!"
"You're Letting Kukoc Take the Last Shot? Forget It, I'm Out."
"Forever the Wingman."
"Trade Me, For the Love of God"
"I Play for Who Now? The Trailblazers?"
"I Miss Michael."
"Geez, the End of My Career Sucks."
"Come On, ESPN! I'd Be a Good Analyst!"
"Whatever Happened to Me?"
"Man, Pro Basketball is Hard (reprise)"

I smell Tony...

Or maybe a Tony...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TimmyRyRy your blog always seems to make me smile when I am down. Keep up the good work!
I like your thought of a PippEn musical; I think it could go places. The NBA would be amazed and the crowds would be theatre lovers AND sports fan- It's an amazing marriage that should never happen.
Have a great Spring Break...

~House