12.29.2005

Pic-o-rama

I am fascinated by things that perpetuate their own stereotypes. No matter how many cliche stand-up bits are done about how slow the DMV is, if you go there, you realize that absolutely nothing has been done about it. They seem to delight in it. One time an old lady behind the counter looked at me sadly as if to say, "Yep. They're right about us."

I have not been to the DMV recently, but I did try to buy something from a vending machine. Honestly people. It's 2005. Has no one invented a better snack delivery mechanism than the rotating spiral coil?! For every stupid commercial that has some dude put in his last quarter only to have his snack fail to drop, there are probably 100 incidents of this actually happening. Today at the rest stop, I bit the bullet and put in another 75 cents, because two bags of Sour Patch Kids > one.

I realize now that this statement is inherently true. Two is obviously greater than one. I would therefore argue that two bags are, in fact, better than one.

On an unrelated note that will likely have great impact on this blog, one of my presents this year was a digital camera. Here, look how sexy it is.
















Yes, I actually stood it on my guitar case in front of a mirror and used the timer function to make it take a self-portrait. And it's so modest, it didn't even put itself in focus. It instead made the artistic choice to put the focus on the TV, lamp, and Harry Potter figurine. It even reversed the Jimmy Eat World poster. How artsy.

Anyway, now that I don't have to worry about film, I'm free to sit in my car before my haircut appointment and take silly self-portraits. For example:




















Check out my sweet new Seth Cohen sweater. Thanks Josh and Allyn.

And my fantastic Picassa software (thanks again, Google!) lets me crop and edit and do all kinds of things to turn my shots into emo MySpace photos. For example...















Oh...so emo.

Wait, no. I meant...




















Yeah. So anyway, look for more stupid pictures of my apartment, roommate, cat, and pretty much anything I think of.

I'm off to Portland tomorrow for a wedding (maybe that would be a good thing to take pictures of. Hm.) so I'll check you in the New Year! Hope everyone has a safe and totally killer New Year's.

Preview of upcoming attractions:
















This is Layla, my...second cousin? Whatever, she's first in the hearts of her countrymen. And she was hilarious at Christmas this year. I have more pictures of shenanigans and plenty of darned things she, being a kid, said. Prime example: the sole point of taking this picture was so she could do what she's doing to Lumpy's trunk. That's the focus point. Why? Because she's four, and it's hysterical.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tim- I don't know if that's so much a Seth Cohen sweater as it is a Steve from Blue's Clue's sweater. But Steve is an indie rocker now so I think you're good either way. Hot sweater. I love the Gap.

My favorite funny little-cousin-at- Christmas is when Anna (at the age of 2) opened a pair of Barney slippers that she already owned and squealed "wooooweeeeeeeeeeee!!! More Barney's for meeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!"


But you probably had to be there.




Keri