1.02.2006

There and back again...again?

My flight from Chicago to Denver was completely full and seemed to consist entirely of hot girls and screaming babies. It was the best simultaneous temptation-slash-precautionary measure I've ever witnessed. The entire population of that plane seemed to be telling me, "Yeah, go ahead and look at the hot girls. That's fine. But go much further, and...well...you can hear the result. It's been screaming from the row behind you since takeoff."

On my flight from Denver to Portland, I sat next to a girl and her dog. I was already geared up for a unique flight as I was sitting in the front row of the plane - seat 1A, in fact. Never been in the very front before. Not that cool. No seats in front of you to put your stuff under and your ghetto tray tables come out from the armrest. But whatever. There was a hipster chick sitting next to me in a "Clap Your Hands Say Yeah" shirt and I was totally going to engage her in conversation about what she was listening to on her Nano, but then the dog came along and I became much more interested in it.

It had on a harness and vest that said "In Training," so everyone assumed that it was a seeing eye dog. It was, in fact, a therapy dog. In training. Turns out the young lady who was sitting next to me (not the hipster. the dog owner.) was going to med school. But not just any med school. Naturopathic med school. And she was going to use Bailey the dog in her therapy - interacting with people who are rehabbing injuries and sick kids, that kind of thing. Bailey was a year-old yellow Lab, and a pretty big dog to be sitting at your feat on an airplane. In fact, he took up about half of my footspace, but I didn't mind. He was a sweet dog, and super calm the entire time.

To be continued, with wedding reports and pictures and the whole shebang...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Tim!!!!

love youuu
-ur fave hot sauce~*

Scott said...

Who got married? Not Avery! Oh God not Avery! Is it?! NOOOOOOOO.

In other news, we got an upgrade to first class on our flight to Florida (because my mom knew a stewardess) and I had the same magical, from nowhere tray table. Like six of them. Except they weren't ghetto. They were wicked sweet. Also the first class stewardesses are unerringly nice. Anything I asked for just appeared. It was breakfast, I had a menu. A freaking menu! In coach (behind the trite little curtain) they were munching on cattle feed (Chex Mix) it was like another dimension.


In other news I'm glad you referenced the fact that you've used the title before. However it should say "There and back again...again, again?" Because you did use it twice before now. But I suppose this is the first intentional time since the first. Minor point, yes. Let you get away with it? NEVAH!

- Scott

P.S. Avery isn't getting married is she?
P.P.S. Seriously.

Rob said...

Yeah, first thing I thought of as well Scott. How many times can one person try and use the same Tolkien refrence as a blog title? Hey Tim, no reports on EA's incredible Rugby 2006??!? I think that deserved some blog coverage.

Anonymous said...

Not to worry, Scot. Avery is safe and waiting for you. Tim's best college friend,Lynette Anderson, got married in Portland last week.
Tim is still AWOL. Tim's Mom