6.09.2006

Uh...metablogging? For reals?

This blog sucks, you guys.

Seriously. Two weeks without a peep? This is a debacle of a magnitude not seen since the infamous There and Back Again incident of 2004.

But don't worry - I've figured out why this happened. I've apparently made my entire life unbloggable.

Every weekday I get up and go to work. But I don't want to be one of those idiots who gets fired for blogging about his job. Frustrating as it may be sometimes, my job is pretty okay and it pays the bills. It beats unemployment, that's for sure. So that's a big chunk of my life that's off limits.

Most nights I have something improv-related. Either rehearsal, a class, or a show. And relating improv stories, especially hilarious things that you yourself did onstage, is about the most self-indulgent and...I'm trying to think of a different word for masturbatory, but I can't*. Relating improv stories is simply a masturbatory exercise. So that's out.

And most of my free time is spent with my very special lady friend**. Obviously I don't want to share my private life with the Internet public at large.

So what's left? Racist cookie jars?


That seriously is something to talk about soon. Man, I miss that guy.

Or does it mean a lot of silly cat pictures?


Heh heh. Come on, that's funny. I mean, he's a funny cat. I sometimes think about dressing him up in funny costumes. OH GOD PLEASE NEVER LET ME DO THAT

I also think that the creative need that blogging once fulfilled is now being fulfilled by other things. Besides, if I give the Internet all the good bits, I'll have nothing left for the stage.

So what does this mean for "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"? Don't worry, I'm not about to abandon it completely. There's too much history to just walk away***. But at the moment, I just can't justify giving it a lot of time, so you loyal readers might have to deal with some time in between posts.

Hopefully not two weeks though. Geez, all kinds of things have happened since two weeks ago.

But that, my friends, is a topic for another day...****


*Sorry people who are upset by the word masturbatory.
**I have a special lady friend now.
***This sounds like a break up?
****I doubt I'll ever get to it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. glad to read that you are doing well.
2. congrats on finding yourself a chica of your own.
3. i refuse to comment on the use of "masturbatory." oh crap....i guess that counts.
4. with all of this busy busy stuff i am never hearing from you again am i? bummer yo.

tara d. said...

Mom French rules for doing a bit about masturbatory.

I say it all the time and it always feels titillating. Heh, titillating.

Scott said...

Masturbatory,

It's impossible to have a life that's unblogable. For several reasons:

1.) Most of the best blog postings aren't about specific people, but ideas. Observations. And the occasional re-telling of an event.

2.) You weren't dumb/vain enough to tell the people at work about your blog were you? I've learned that certain people not knowing always beats a few more hits for the counter. I like to talk about them.

3.) Blog about work anyway. Just do it. The pop-tart thing? You won't get fired for that. Calling your manager a douche bag? Well... don't use specific names.

4.) Yesterday I went and saw The Omen. When I got scared I accidentally punched Megan in the head. That's a post. See? This stuff is easy!

5.) Only boring people get bored. A half truth, but one you should think about and, where possible, superstitiously fear.

- Scott

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you don't have something to say about PotterMania!! Please don't let us down.

Love from your fans...

Scott said...

Rowela, Rowela, Rowela (were you Beatlejuice you would have just appeared before me, or at least on my screen... I'm not sure how it works in text) this is the internet I keep telling you to attend just ONE semeseter of Scott's School of Cyber-Stalkin'. You'd be able to track this kind of thing down in your sleep.

Because the girl in question is already a known quantity (at least in name and visage) to those people immeadiately within Timmy's blogging circle, I guess it's ok to hit you with the link. If not, you have my permission to delete this post Tim. That is, if you even check this blog anymore.

Without further ado, the girl I'm 88% sure is the one Timmy is dating:

This one.

You're welcome.

- Scott

Timmy Tapeworm said...

Yup. That's her. Nice job, stalker.

In other news, reinvigorated focus...starting next week?

Brandon Barker said...

Tim,

It is great to read your blog. We miss you around here. The hilarity meter went way down when you left. I hope all is well. If you ever need some more jokes, just give me a call.

Anonymous said...

T-Bone ! Thank you for giving me a hearty laugh at that old CROC. I have something to send you that MIGHT kind of make up for it. Look for it soon !

Love,
bmelewski

PS: PUT. NILES. IN. COSTUMES.
The world demands it.