1.04.2007

Do you know your neighbor?

Coworker: There's a great tapas place up around Clark and School, I think.
Me: That's in my neighborhood. I should probably know where that is, but I don't.

Some quick research revealed that "in my neighborhood" is an understatement.

It's pretty much next door.

Look, in my defense, walking right by it all the time doesn't exactly give me a lot of opportunity to look at the sign. I can look inside though. So while I couldn't tell you the name of the place right off the bat, I can tell you that due to the nature of the restaurant, it cannot seat incomplete parties.

Oh, like you know your neighbors so much better! Don't judge me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate how, when I tell people about the Tapas bar in London, they all think I say "Topless" and then we have to go through the akward explanation phase of what it really is.

Also, you should look around more often. Who knows what you'll find?

Anonymous said...

probably a guy wandering around prediction the end of the world and watermelon colored leaves.


oh, and even I know your neighborhood better than you do. My friend Robin moved right down the street from you and I described exactly where you lived to her. I even mentioned the tapas.


Keri

tara d. said...

it's twist, you a-hole.

you're a failure.

tara "notice your neighb" d.

p.s., i just did this yesterday with the houndstooth saloon. i was all "where's that?", and i found out you could throw a rock from your window and hit it if condos weren't in the way. in my defense, it just changed ownershi(zzzz)

Timmy Tapeworm said...

Oh great, td! Now everyone on the Internet can find out exactly where we live! If I'm abducted now, it's YOUR fault!

Anonymous said...

um...tim...not to sound mean, but with the entire city of chicago to choose from who would want to abduct you? just a thought.