1.01.2007

Substantially more flopping


This year is going to be completely different.

My roommates and I have always enjoyed great banter sessions, but for some reason they would always happen in hallways. We just started talking wherever we ran into each other and stayed that way. This led to a lot of great conversations with one or more participants leaning against a door frame.

Well, no more.

Tonight, Tara waltzed right into my room and flopped onto my beanbag, declaring that 2007 will be different.

Tara: This year will involve substantially more flopping.

Jon entered a few minutes later and followed suit. We proceeded to enjoy each other's company for some time, talking about things ranging from Dreamgirls to the death of Farley, the dog on For Better or Worse. (Tara got choked up at this point and begged me not to call up the series of strips chronicling his demise.) All of this despite the fact that both of their heads were in extremely uncomfortable positions. I offered both of them pillows, but they refused.

I guess 2007 will also involve substantially more neck pain.

Happy New Year, everyone. I hope 2007 involves substantially more of whatever you're hoping for.

1 comment:

tara d. said...

aw! aww! we love each oth. this house rules.