1.25.2007

Import, I say!

Now that The O.C. is officially on its way out, the search is on for the show that will receive the honor of having the best soundtrack on television.

And...search over.

While I swore I would never get into a show about high-school football, of all things, Friday Night Lights just had to put all of its episodes online when everything else went into reruns, leaving me nothing to watch during my lunch hour. Thanks a lot, nbc.com.

It's actually fairly compelling and well-made, and wins the "Best Soundtrack" award by virtue of playing at least 30 seconds of Explosions in the Sky per episode. Even if this was the only bit of music they played each week, they would still win. It's that good.

Sometimes I listen to EITS as I'm walking down the street and suddenly my actions become charged with narrative import.

Try it, it's fun.

5 comments:

Brandon Barker said...

Tim, I need to get in touch with you about a comedy outreach I am planning. Will you please email me your phone number at barker.brandon@gmail.com? I think we could really use your talents.

C_thegreat said...

Ah... let's just hope that one is better than MTV's Two-A-Days.

Although MTV always plays 6 seconds of a "hot" new track before and after the show for transitioning. And... you can't beat MTV's music choice... right...?

~c

C_thegreat said...

Question. Do you have Copeland's Eat. Sleep. Repeat?

You should post something. The search and rescue team is standing by right now. They're worried.

That is all.

~c

Anonymous said...

so, I know you are the super busy one and all, but I have to go with c on this...search and rescue is losing hope. Please post.
**just a note that I asked NICELY instead of the usual run of sarcasm. Please take this into account :0)

Timmy Tapeworm said...

Be cool, it's coming. Maybe today?