3.02.2007

Is this dumb? It's probably dumb.



More on the Des Moines adventure in a minute. But first this.

Why do series finales of TV shows make me so sad? Is it, I don't know, the finality of it all? Saying goodbye forever to characters I've grown fond of? Or are the chemicals in my brain so easily manipulated that a well-constructed montage set to a great closing song can just make me feel things.

Well, whatever it is, it happened this week when I watched the series finale of The O.C. Yes, I watch The O.C. I got on board at the very beginning and never jumped off, even when parts of it got pretty stupid.

It's sad that it's ending and that it went out on a shortened season. But at least they got to have a proper sendoff and wrap everything up nicely. Look, everyone is happy! And the series is bookended! What could be better?

Gah. I feel so girly. Stupid, easily manipulated emotions.

Farewell, Seth Cohen. What network TV character will people compare me to now?

2 comments:

Jon said...

I nominate Jim from "The Office."

Timmy Tapeworm said...

Accepted!