3.06.2007

Newbies no more


ComedySportz held auditions this week for new ensemble members. That means it's been almost a year since I was hired. Crazy times. It's weird thinking about my class not being "the newbies" anymore.

It's been a heck of a year for CSz. We moved out of one space, watched it get torn down and then watched absolutely nothing get built there. (The lot is still rubble. Thanks for making us move out, jerks.) Since then, we've kind of been nomads, and by nomads I mean that we've been in two different spaces.

We're still building our new space on Belmont. We've had some setbacks, but it'll be worth it in the end. Like a lot of things this year, I guess. Just hard to look at the bigger picture sometimes.

Whatever, it's been a pretty amazing year. I got to play at both IIT and a Jewish day school. I played for my parents a few (dozen) times and a lot of extended family as well. Plus, I got to know a lot of cool people, especially my fellow newbies.

Let's keep that e-mail chain going, Class of '06! We needs to plan our hazin'!

3 comments:

C_thegreat said...

Uhh... never got back to you about Copeland. Well, it's not as good as the first two or is it three? But it's still dece. I'll send you a copy. Same address still, I assume?
~c

Travis said...

DICEY Was pretty good the other night, but not as funny as you. OR your face. I tried talking the juniors into continuing the tradition of naming the kickball team, the Rough Ryders, but after never winning a game they've decided to move on. Sorry to break it to you.

Scott said...

Hey, remember that time I completely surprised you by driving all the way to Chicago, getting almost to your house... and having to call to ask for directions?

Damn. Now that was well done.

In other news, I make everything about me.

- Scott

P.S. Congratulations on one year and junk.