4.30.2007

On the shoulders of (kinda short) giants


So the ComedySportz CIF show went really well, thanks to a house full of screaming high school band kids. We get it, band geeks. Say a musical term and you'll scream in recognition. Name a specific instrument and that section will cheer with pride. If that section is two or less people (I'm looking at you, Sousaphones), those two dudes will stand up and pump their arms in representation of all Sousaphone players everywhere.

It's almost Pavlovian at this point. And I love it.

It was still a great show
even apart from the easily excitable band kids. I was really honored to be chosen to play in the CIF show with MadTV's Frank Caeti*. I think I was the only person onstage who had been playing with CSz for less than 4 or 5 years. Maybe all the other newbies were busy doing their one-person show and getting a development deal with Comedy Central, I don't know. But I still feel pretty proud about it.

It's still cool to feel proud about things, right guys? Shut up.


* Super nice guy.

4 comments:

Scott said...

"I was really honored to be chosed to play in the CIF show with MadTV's Frank Caeti*."

And I was dun pleas'd to read about it.

Scott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scott said...

Oh, I should mention this post inspired one of my own over at the Wonder Blog.

Yes, that's the Wonder Blog: in ur posts stealin' ur traffickz since 1985.

(Tim if you would be so good as to delete my botched comments from earlier I'd greatly appreciate it.)