4.16.2007

You know what's NOT typical? Ro getting all mad about stuff.


MUTEMATH - "Typical"

Hey, look everybody! A really cool music video! Nothing to get upset about here!

Sure, the filming stuff then playing it backward thing has been done (see: Coldplay's "The Scientist," among others), but it's still pretty cool! Certainly nothing to get all riled up about! No sir. No excessive outbursts needed in the comment section of THIS post!

Seriously though. People are mad because I don't talk much about or post pictures of my girlfriend (who is, without a doubt, pretty awesome)? Here's why:

a) I'm not a 14-year-old with a Livejournal. Some things are private.
b) It would make Ro happy. From here on out, I'm basing all blog (and really, life) choices on how much they could potentially frustrate Ro. Because I think it's pretty funny.
c) Rebecca has yet to have a picture taken of her in this lifetime that she would approve for public consumption. I like them, but she's picky.

So it's doubtful that you'll be seeing much of her, not because I'm not proud, but because I'm not a jerk.

Of course, there are exceptions to every rule...


P.S. That is a pretty cool video, right? Come on.

12 comments:

Rob said...

That is a cool video, I bet a really cool friend must have shown you that.

As far as Ro is concerned let me let you in on a few things.

1) With graduation rapidly approaching it doesn't take much. If you think that was something, elude to the idea that Happy Feet is promoting the homosexual lifestyle. She almost reached into the TV and killed FOX News.

2) She really likes to see pictures of friends of her friends. She's the girl who checks all the away messages on AIM, or clicks through photo albums on Facebook.

3) Ro is hilarious when "upset." So it only follows that Scott and I might have encouraged it a bit.

4) Ro has asked me before if you still had a girlfriend, and I could never tell her - because we really didn't know.

So we don't require a weekly top ten list of why your girlfriend is the bestest (complete with animated heart GIFs), but its a little odd we don't see the occasional: "Rebecca and I saw this guy with the longest nosehair ever at the sandwich shop..." or something.

Hey at least you're posting something as of late. You know we harass because we care.

Rob said...

Edit: at least you're posting something as of late (unlike Scott and I).

Unknown said...

Tim. I know this won't make a difference, but working in a preschool has taught me that it will.... I'm going to use nice words and ask like a big girl, "Could you please post a picture of your girlfriend?"

Would it help if I also said, "with a cherry on top" and I had big doe eyes, a lisp and I pronounced all my "R"s like "W"s?

Anonymous said...

One word Ro: myspace

Anonymous said...

Hey Ro, Leave your your email here, and I'll send you a nice photo of Rebecca.

Timmy Tapeworm said...

Okay, now that's just being creepy. Sign your name, anonymous. Or just stop being creepy. Seriously.

Rob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

*in high-pitched girls voice*

Gee thanks anonymous. I would really love to see those pictures. And I don't find it at all strange that someone who doesn't even post their name to ask me to post my email on the internet for everyone to see.

My email is: rowelasforrealaddress@hotmail.com

THANKS!!!


(the address is totally active.)

Anonymous said...

Well, there is more than one person using the popular name "anonymous." I guess I should now name myself as the first anonymous because the second anonymous message is definitely not mine.

Wow. I venture to say that this is the most pointless comment in the history of man. I do feel the shame in such a title, but must admit an odd sense of accomplishment.

Scott said...

Come now children, don't we all have our sham email accounts? I myself use the aliases Rusty Shackleford and Reginald Hornstein.

In fact, if you need to get a hold of my alter ego you can reach me at:

reginald.hornstein (at) gmail (dot) com

Without the spaces.

Let's also not forget:

scott legendary lover gresham (at) gmail (dot) com

Sham email accounts are clearly the way to go for shady dealings. Feel free to contact me at either.

Scott said...

Also, I've TOTALLY been posting. I don't know what Rob's talking about.

...and if I have been neglecting my writing duties it's because I have a multitude of places that demand my florid prose!

Anonymous said...

Wow...a duel over "anonymous." How drole!