8.16.2007

It is truly a historic day

My brother Josh has somehow conned his way into a position as Youth Minister at a church in northern Illinois. Yesterday, he informed me that I made the cut to be some sort of beneficiary and I should call him with important information that he should probably already know.

Josh: Associate Pastor in charge of Youth Ministry.
Me: Really? That's how you're going to answer the phone?
Josh: I haven't worked it out entirely. It's my second day.

It should be noted that most of his first day was taken up with hiking. Apparently, youth minister office hours = hiking on the clock.

Me: Hey, this is pretty fun. I'm calling your work phone from my work phone. I even had to get past your receptionist.
Josh: Mom would probably want a picture of this moment, if only she could figure out how.
Me: I'll just take a picture of me on the phone and you take a picture of you and we'll put them together in post. I'm getting my camera now.

(I step away from the mic to get my camera.)

Me: Okay, I'm taking the picture now...done. I took it. Did you take yours?
Josh: ...
Josh: You're an idiot.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both her little boys employed and with their own work phone. What mom wouldn't be proud :)

tara d. said...

oh! your cube! gleam it, then send us more pics. what do you look at everyday at work? i think we're all invested.

this is the nicest post i think i've ever left.

Timmy Tapeworm said...

Request for more cubicle pictures...noted.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it! Both children with a paycheck. Love, Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Aww! Yay for the parental love!

Wandering Explorer said...

Tim, I for one appreciate the irony in what you were doing. I think it was both artistic and sophisticated, if not a bit Kaufmanesque.

Don't let your Philistine of a brother keep you down.