8.15.2007

Start the skinny jokes

Are we still in the dog days of summer? I should look up what that means. I can't imagine it just implies there are dogs around. That doesn't seem special at all. There are always dogs around.

Ah, we certainly are still in them.

At any rate, it's been really hot in Chicago recently. As much as I longed for these days in February, now I find myself just longing for a time when I can walk home without having to change shirts afterwards.

When I wait for the bus in the morning, I seek out whatever shade I can. The above picture is my view on most mornings. It's what passes for Chicago foliage on certain corners.

1 comment:

Wandering Explorer said...

Hanging out on corners, Tim? For shame!

We here in Minnesota finally had some relief from the heat. I hope it promises for a cool fall, but I'm sure in a week we'll be back up to Scorching.