8.13.2007

Wanted: some peace and quiet, dagnabit!

This weekend, among many other exciting adventures, our neighborhood turned Hollywood as the motion picture Wanted, starring Morgan Freeman and Angelina Jolie, filmed nearby.

On Saturday there were a few big trucks around and Tara, swept up in the excitement, took Jon and my cousin Quinn to investigate. They hoped to see at least a glimpse of a big star but caught only "a lot of wires."

On Sunday things got even more exciting as the streets got even more crowded. The picture is a view from my window at a trailer below. Tara, again swept up in the excitement, proclaimed it to be an actor's trailer. We quickly decided it was Morgan Freeman's.

My mind quickly drifted into daydreamland. I was walking down the steps on the way to the outside world when Mr. Narration himself stepped out of the trailer. "Good morning, Mr. Freeman," I'd say nonchalantly. "It's an honor to have you in our neighborhood."

"Why thank you, young man," he'd reply. "How would you like to accompany me to the set? The actor playing my son just fell ill and I think you'd be a perfect replacement.* And please, call me Morgan." And we would be the best of friends for all of time!

Later, I really did walk downstairs and snuck a look in the trailer. It held mostly catering supplies.


* Don't overthink it.

6 comments:

Timmy Tapeworm said...

Filming update: last night was serious movie magic time. We're talking entire intersections bathed in light and simulated gunshots. Still no star sightings though.

They were packing everything away this morning.

tara d. said...

i get swept up in magic a lot.

...LATE NIGHT MOVIE MAGIC!

my room was lit up like a carnival! stay forever, tinseltown! don't go!

those gunshots were real, tim. we live in chicago.

Wandering Explorer said...

Oooh! The only celebrity sightings we have in Minnesota are of Garrison Keilor!

Timmy Tapeworm said...

I'd take that any day. I'd ask him to spin me a yarn.

Wandering Explorer said...

You know, I imagine he would spin you a yarn. By all accounts, he's very amiable. My future brother in law took a class he taught at the U on writing.

Anonymous said...

He's ok. I hosted a book signing for him one time; he turned on the charm for the crowd, but in one-on-one conversations was painfully shy-- to the point, almost, of rudeness.

So I punched him in the junk.