11.03.2004

Crap.

Well, where we going, kids? Because if we're leaving the country, we might as well start some sort of colony somewhere.

Here's what my good friend Moby (yes, the Moby) had to say about the whole thing. He's really opinionated and sometimes annoying about it, but I thought this was a good idea.

"can someone remind me why secession is not an option at this point?
i mean let's be realistic, we live in a divided country.
can't we have the breakaway republics of 'north-east-istan' and 'pacific-stan'? wouldn't the red states be happier without us?
we could still travel freely and trade freely with them, but can't we just leave?
then you could have 3 countries:
northeastistan
pacificstan
redstateistan"

Oh, that Moby...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Word

Anonymous said...

If I were Abraham Lincoln, I would punch you in the face for that. Blah!

-- Jake

Timmy Tapeworm said...

Evil Lincoln's back, baby!

Rob said...

Moby... Moby... lets see. Oh yeah! Isn't he the crazy guy? No wait, maybe I'm thinking of Fat Boy Slim. Did Moby do a song with Gwen Stefani? Man she's hot. But I digress.

LET'S LEAVE THE COUNTRY!!! I'm telling you, I'm willing to organize the whole thing for whomever wants to come to New Zealand with me. I just need to know numbers. We can't stay here, splitting up the country isn't going to save us from getting Nuked. The Bomb doesn't tend to recognize national boundries.

By the way, shouldn't we take Nevada too? How could we NOT have Sin City?

Anonymous said...

Just as a small offering, the State of Vermont votes every year to leave the union, however they've never gathered enough votes to make that dream a reality. Vermont might be one of those places that we wouldn't really notice it was gone until a couple years down the road we noticed our maple syrup supply was a little thin.
-josh

Anonymous said...

Oh, Josh, we have Canada for that.

Scott said...

Steps to hating Abe Lincoln.
1. Move to Springfield.
2. Drive around for awhile.

I officially hate that tophat wearing son of a bitch. Especially after every damn building is Lincolnland this, or Lincoln that. I expect to see "Honest Abe's Used Ford" I HATE THAT SLAVE FREE-ER. Not because he did that (although there is speculation that he didn't do it out of empathy for the slaves). This guy is more over exposed than Bennifer. In fact I've stopped picking up pennies.

In an unrelated story, I'm all for the colony. We can build it at the twinkie factory in Natick. We shall call it New Quahog. No, wait. Bartertown. All our laws shall rhyme (ex. "Bust a deal; face the wheel") or at least be readily chantable (ex. "Two men enter, one man leaves"). Just one rule: Tina Turner can't come. - Scott