11.18.2004

The exciting conclusion

Check it out! Tim's blog...now in widescreen! Geez, it's like I know html or something.

My goodness, people. If I had known that not posting for a week would cause such drama among, well, all two of you...I probably would do it more. Because it's pretty funny. But really, I've been dealing with 12 bands that are coming to play at Drake this Thursday and Saturday for KDCS Presents: Battle of the Bands 2: Electric Boogaloo. (Okay, I added the Electric Boogaloo thing myself, but how cool would that be?)

I've determined that the quality of a band is inversely proportional to their cooperation, meaning the best bands are the hardest to work with. And these bands are really good. So that's what I've been doing - dealing with fragile little uncommunicative bands. In my own little way, I like to think I'm stabbing a fork in Clear Channel's foot. It doesn't really change much because Clear Channel is a giant and I'm just a guy who makes shoes, but hey, it worked for Mickey. Man, I'm rusty...

Maybe the fork should be too...

At any rate, it's time for the conclusion of Tim's famous series of his friends' blogs. Because believe it or not, there is a huge public outcry to know my daily websurfing routine. Now that I've discussed the most important two, the rest can be covered with but a cursory description. So buckle your seatbelts, kids. Here we go, in the order they appear in the "Blogs" section of My Favorites...

faiiinster's blog
This is Michelle, aka Hot Sauce, aka Wasabi. We're friends from back in my Fred J. Miller days. She was a flag girl, I was a drum major. It was a match made in band camp. That makes it sound like we hooked up, but that's not true. She's much too smart for that. She posts almost daily, and her posts are full of Internet slang and tales of college debauchery. She keeps me young.

mattiekate's blog
My friend Mattie is much cooler than I will ever be. She goes to school in Nashville and rubs noses with rockstars. She doesn't post often, but occasionally goes nuts with a photo essay. Very enjoyable.

justcallmekorea's blog
Yes, Sheila is Korean. She is also way more emo than you can handle. Be forewarned.

streaks in the sky
Haley is a supercool girl. Her blog is really pretty and has its own special cursor. If she lived nearby, I'd totally ask her to play Nintendo with me. (She also loves Smallville, for those of you who consider that important.)

britann's blog
Proving once and for all that you can't be a former member of Attagirl and not have a blog, this is Brittany's blog. She's also an infrequent poster, but I love her just the same and I don't yell at her when she doesn't post.

The Menagerie
This is Thom's blog. Thom plays guitar for a rock band called The Elms. They're a great band and Thom is a consistently entertaining and thought-provoking blogger. His URL was published in CCM and I think that made him LOL. So look out for lost Michael W. Smith fans and Joshua Harris.

degreeofdaisy's blog
This one's brand new, so get in on the ground floor. Because what the world needs is another Schell on the internet.

Moby's blog
Yeah, that's right. THE Moby. You know, bald guy, former techno artist, archnemesis of Eminem. He has a blog. It's really fun. He's very opinionated and sometimes arrogant about it, but it's still enjoyable. He's been super depressed ever since the election and hasn't been posting much, but he should get back in the habit soon.

Bufford the Wonder Blog
I just posted about this guy. He's still hilarious.

Rob's Office Space
I also just posted about this guy. Scott and I are very jealous and bewildered by the fact that he just started and his blog is already much popular than both of ours. What a jerk. Wish I had a bogus job that would pay me to update daily.

Not All Who Wander Are Lost
My blog. You already know about this one, because you're here. But I'm trying to be comprehensive.

Jakey's blog
I don't know if you can see this one. He might still be private. If you can't, don't worry about it. He doesn't post much and when he does, it's fairly vitriolic. Just think of the angriest,most bitterly cynical thing that could be said about a certain topic and assume that's what he said.

nerve tonic's blog
One of my friends at Drake. We go way back to J-30, when we had huge crushes on each other but were too shy to say anything. She's a very cool girl and knows the trials of being tall in this world. Fairly emo, but she also has a picture of a Strong Bad pumpkin she carved for Halloween. That's a good balance, I'd say.

The Dangerous Life of a Frat Boy
My friend Paul goes to U of I. He's been averaging a post about every month. He makes me feel better when I don't post for a while.

For All the World to See!
This is Emeric's blog, one of my good friends at Drake. He has a funny name. Josh still calls him Generic. His blog normally alternates between extreme nerdiness, political pontification, thoughts on ancient battle tactics, and existentialism. It's fun.

It was Brittany's idea
The blog of the guy who draws the webcomic Ctrl+Alt+Del. I really don't care what's going on in his life, but I really like his comic and he puts his sketches online, which are pretty cool. Plus, I'm an obsessive stalker.


Well, there you have it. That's my daily blog routine. Hope your curiosity is satiated. Somewhat ironically, just before I finished this series, I learned how to make a links section. So look for that soon. For those of you whining about this series, fear not. The ribald tales of gallantry and general misadventurey will commence shortly. So keep your pants on.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew, that's an awesome return post brother. Now I can grow my own blog cruising habit. As if I didn't waste time effectively enough already. I am a little dissapointed that my blog didn't make the cut to be featured. Now that I think about it, not having a blog would probably contribute to not being included. But you could imagine what that would be like right?
Oh man, I could fill everyone in on the cool things going on in my systematic theology class, and how it was totally funny when we dressed up like Luther and nailed out thesis to the presidents door for halloween. man everyone thought that was hilarious! Sigh.....
nice post brother,
-josh

Anonymous said...

Well, crap. Now that I've been plugged I have no choice but to update more often. Thanks a lot, Tim. >_<

-- Jake

Scott said...

Wow, that's a mess-o-blogs. Including blogs from people who know about my blog but never mentioned that they had one themselves Grrrrr. I see how it is. There's also people who I would have never suspected of blogging. Closet bloggers if you will. And you totally outed them. Way to go, Mr. Insensitive.

I guess you make up for it with the widescreen. It's pretty pleasing to the eye. I might have to steal that too. Because honestly I'm feeling a little claustriphobic now that I have so much space here to compare with. I'm looking forward to the misadventury again as well. A fairly decent return to blogging. Keep it up or ELSE. - Scott

Rob said...

OR ELSE... The PUPPY DIES!!!! (felt like that thought needed finishing.)

woah, never knew you could actually edit the HTML... I'm gonna have to look into that. Great work Tim! And I have to say, I'm floored by the number of blogs out there. I don't think I can really commit to more than the 3 I already frequent. Besides, anymore time wasted at work, and the powers that be may start to get suspicious... and we don't want that.

Anonymous said...

WOW Tim, I feel so honored to be the first BLOG mentioned in your entry.. am I always the first blog you check out everyday of your life? Do you love me that much?? haha.. Hope you are doing well buddy~ Take care!

-wasabi