11.11.2004

Voted "Most Likely to Die for Comedy"

This just in: I suck at posting.

But anyway, let's continue with my blog series. Because there's nothing quite like telling you about something already well-known.

Bufford the Wonder Blog

The blog of one "Scotty 2 Hotty," whose real name is being withheld for his own safety, this place is always good for a laugh and a cry. (But the cry is only because you feel so ashamed at why you're laughing.) Scotty is the type of person that will go to great lengths, indeed, some would say any lengths, for a joke. I truly believe that sooner or later, one of Scotty's jokes is going to get him killed. I'm looking forward to this, not because I want him dead, but because it'll have to be a really good joke.

I remember one time when I went with Scotty and some friends to a movie. We had some time to kill before the movie started, so we went out to the parking lot and nabbed a really great parking space. Then we pretended like we were backing out until someone drove by and stopped, waiting for us to leave. Then we'd pull back into the spot. We did this several times. It was hilarious every time.

Scotty is a huge Everquest dork. He is obsessed with obscure Nickolodeon TV shows like "The Adventures of Pete & Pete." He likes MST3K, so he can't be all bad. He is also, from my understanding, one of the coolest people at his school, which tells you a lot about him and also a lot about his school. His sad, sad school.

He's a regular commenter on my blog, so I like him. He, Rob, and I form something like the Triumvirate or maybe the Unholy Trinity of bloggers. We're the people with nothing better in our lives than to blog and comment on others' blogs. And yet, we're still ridiculously awesome. Strange.

Tune in next time for another entry in my series, "Places You Already Visit."

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I think I was one of those people looking for a parking space, Not Funny.

Anonymous said...

Gesu Bambino, Tim, your blog sounds like a gd advertisement for blogs. I want to hear of YOUR wacky misdaventures, not how to find others'! For shame, for shame.

-- Jake

Scott said...

I've been trying to figure it out myself, why ARE we so rediculously awesome, despite our tween-esq blogs? Like the tootsie pop mystery of 1976, the world may never know.

Thanks for the props. Each day the level of the jokes rises, eventually I'll get to the point where my safety is in serious jepordy. Hopefully by then I'll be trained as a ninja. Otherwise I'll just have that final blaze of glory. Either way, I'll take it - Scott

Rob said...

"Scotty is the type of person that will go to great lengths, indeed, some would say any lengths, for a joke. I truly believe that sooner or later, one of Scotty's jokes is going to get him killed. I'm looking forward to this, not because I want him dead, but because it'll have to be a really good joke."

Man, Good Stuff! Cracks me up Everytime I read it. Of course it was probably funniest the first time I read it... ON A DIFFERENT POST!!! Way to recycle material T. Seriously, I thought you were better than that.

(You deserve the spite for your lack of posting...)

(But you know I love you anyways.)

(One of those loves where, it's ok, 'cause I have a girlfriend sorta ways.)

(Not that there'd be anything wrong with it otherwise, I mean, sure I don't want to see two guys making out in front of me, but that's hardly any different than me not wanting to see two really ugly people making out in front of me.)

(Not that Ugly people shouldn't be happy. I just don't want to see "Anyone" really making out.)

(I'm not one of those people who feel like if we make life as difficult and painful as possible, then maybe they'll go away.)

(I love gay people.)

(I'm going to stop typing.)

Timmy Tapeworm said...

Jake - Be careful what you wish for, my friend. A couple of my recent misadventures have involved some very drunk dials from a certain student at IC...

Scotty - You keep riding that razor's edge, tiger. It's a constant battle between comedy and safety. And safety is boring as hell.

Rob - You shut your mouth. Yeah, I used that bit when I commented on Scotty's blog. So what. You and I are the only tools big enough to know that because we're the only ones who obsess about checking each other's comments. Besides, it's a good bit. So stop using so many parentheses, get a real job, and come out of the freaking closet already. Yeah, I said it. You come at my comedy, I come back hard.

"I love gay people" Geez, man...how obvious can you get?

Anonymous said...

Rob--whoever you are--I feel your pain. Except for that I'm not joking when I say that I love gay people. Gay men actually. It's a problem I've been trying to deal with. Like they always say, "Love the ones who won't love you back." Or something like that. Hmmmpppphhhhh.

And yeah, Tim, I'd like to hear more about you as well. It's a little difficult to keep track of what you're doing when all you write about is other people's blogs. Have some consideration for those who wanna know what's going on in your life...GOSH!

Hugs and smooches,
Blog Stalker

Rob said...

AHHHHH!!! A BLOG STALKER!!!

*runs and hides

Rob said...

Hey its Wednesday! Know what that means??? Smallville's on tonight. I will one day marry that girl... Kristen Kreuk is beautiful. Sorry, besides that. Tomorrow is Thursday! And do you know what THAT means? That's right it means its been a whole FREAKIN WEEK since your last post. Get you head in the game boy!

Scott said...

Rob, I can't tell you what a relief it is to find out that someone else tells the days apart by when Smallville is on. It's like the centerpiece of my week. And you can have Kristin if I can have Allison and Erica. And Alexis Bledel. Fair trade? I think so.

Timmy, I'm never one to look a gift blog in the mouth but where have you been? I appreciate the reference and the props but to keep my blog up for a week? It's almost too much of a good thing for the kids. Surely by now they've discovered my grandure. Let's move on.

Now I have to go find my superman shirt to wear because it's Wednesday. - Scott

Rob said...

Scott - Today is the ONLY day of the week as far as I'm concerned. And yes, I see that as a fair trade. Frankly, if I get Kristen, then you can have whomever you want. Ro loves Smallville as well. She's fine with the Kristen thing, as long as she gets Tom. So it appears all parties involved are happy. I don't have a superman shirt myself. But I got Ro a little Superman Tanktop, like last month.

Scott said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Scott said...

Oh snap! A superman tank top on a girl beats my dumb shirt any day for the simple reason that it's on girl. Kind of depends on the girl though, I've never seen this Ro(that I know of) so I'll just take your word on it.

Foiled again, NEXT TIME GADGET, NEXT TIIIIME

- Scott