11.01.2004

I've transcended time, but not space...no, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Okay, this is kind of a lame post because there's not much to it, but I felt the need to add some fresh content. But the desire to put something fresh on the blog is countered by the desire to get some sleep. So the scales go back and forth for a while, then settle on this: A post, but a short one.

I really felt I had to bring this to your attention. I love the funny pages, and this strip made me laugh harder at a comic strip than I have in a long time. I hope you enjoy it too. Okay, sleep now.

(Sorry, the link has expired since I posted this. You'll just have to take my word for it. It was hilarious.)

(Also, the title of this post is a quote from I Heart Huckabees, which I saw this weekend. Killer cast and a quirky script made for a very funny movie. Check it out at your local indie movie theatre. Because I guarantee it's better than freaking Saw, I don't care if the dude from The Princess Bride is in it or not.)

"Wanna make a crappy, messed-up movie?"
"As you wish."

5 comments:

Rob said...

Alright T, I gotta say...
His name is Cary Elwes! I mean, alright Saw may not be a good movie (I did watch The Grudge the other day, and was pleasantly suprised... if you like Asian Horror). But reguardless of the movie sucking or not, his name is Cary Elwes. The man was in not only The Princess Bride, but Robin Hood: Men in Tights. And he's Awesome...

But yeah, you're awesome too, so I guess I may let it may slide, for now. And I think the promotion of everyone else's blog is a good idea. I also think you should give a little description about each. Maybe some anctidotes, a review of sorts. I mean you can handle that, right?

Good luck with everything up there, and remember: The average Young Adult Male needs 8 hours and 14 minutes of sleep a night. Later Dawg!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Saw was not supposed to be a good movie. It was supposed to be a fun Haloween outing. and it was. I mean, Danny Glover chased the killer around yelling "I'm gonna shoot you, you sick-ass-ho!" That's good stuff. ~Steph

Anonymous said...

That strip wasn't that funny. I don't particularly care for Boon Docks.

Yes, I went there.

Scott said...

The only scary thing I thought I saw in the preview for The Grudge was that Sarah Michelle Gellar is aging. Not badly mind you, but she is no longer in pique vampire slaying condition.

Although now that I think about it she never actually had a lot of physical activities as a 'slayer' mostly creatures sought her out to be easily slain over dialogue written by fans. Fifth grade fans. Oh well, I consider this my official re-entry into the blogging world. Apparently I go AWOL for 6 days and everyone is in a tizzy. Piish, good to know I'm loved. - Scott

Timmy Tapeworm said...

Rob - here's the sad thing. I just saw The Princess Bride the entire way through a couple weeks ago. But I know his name is freaking Cary Elwes. I figured he didn't want his name associated with such a project. At least I know who Scott Baio is.

Steph - Danny Glover running around yelling things is only great if he's in his boxers and Mel Gibson is laughing at him while shooting the flamethrower guy in the gas tank. Now that's comedy gold.

Boondocks Hater - If you didn't laugh at that strip, you must be racist.

Scotty - I thought the hand coming out of the a showering SMG's head was pretty freaky. Ghosts are all well and good, but materializing in someone's head? That's crossing the line, even for ghosts. Have a little respect for someone's personal space, ghosts.

And if you're making disparaging comments about the dialogue on BTVS, we have a serious problem. And that problem will be resolved with me putting a stake through your cold, black heart.

Yeah, that's two dorky abbreviations in one response. Wanna fight about it?!