2.11.2005

Master Ninja Theme Song!

Hey kids. Sorry I haven't talked at you in a few days. Been busy and all that. Let's see if we can catch up with a series of well-organized, bulleted talking points:

  • The Powers That Be have approved my thesis proposal. I am officially writing a comedy show for my senior Honors thesis. My dad has already dubbed the project "the greatest scam I've ever pulled." I couldn't be more proud. I'm going to try to work on a couple sketches over the weekend. If I come up with anything worthwhile, I'll post them for you guys to check out. I still can't believe how awesome this is.

  • Speaking of awesome, I saw Bill Cosby live in concert last Saturday night. Man, that guy is amazing. Just stood on stage and told stories for two hours - had the audience in the palm of his hand the entire time. And without swearing or resorting to toilet humor, the guy just killed. That's why he's one of my comedic heroes. I think we could all take a lesson from him. *looks in Scott's direction*

  • Being the music director of a college radio station that no one listens to does have occasional perks, like meeting HUGE celebrities. Yes, I have met Mo Rocca, who is hilarious and quite possibly the smartest guy I've ever met. Or at least has the biggest vocabulary. The guy was throwing out words like "endomorph" like it was nothing. I also did a telephone interview with Joan Jett during the Iowa primaries when she was stumping for Howard Dean...and we all know how that turned out. You can check out my brushes with fame here.

  • Speaking of the radio station, I'm doing a radio show again this semester. Our refurbished studio is simply too sweet to not get my hands on, so I'm going on Sunday afternoons from 3-5. I'm calling it "The X Factor - the best of what you're not hearing and the good stuff you don't hear enough." Basically two hours of what I think the station should sound like all the time, had I my druthers. You can listen (and watch me, thanks to our new in-studio camera) online, but the Drake network has been sucky lately and the stream has been choppy. So don't complain if it's bad, but do try to check it out here.

  • I am vehomently opposed to the production of The Mighty Ducks 4. The Mighty Ducks is the greatest sports trilogy ever made - why mess with a good thing? Come on, Disney. I mean, if you want to make another Witch Mountain to finish up that trilogy, fine. But leave the Ducks alone. This has nothing to do with any event in the last few days, but I just felt I needed to express that opinion.
Okay, I'm out. Be excellent to each other.

5 comments:

Rob said...

Woah.... new layout for comment section?? What the heck?

Anyways. Tim, here's an idea. Keep a Notebook Text File on your desktop and keep blog ideas in it. Then post those little bulleted items one at a time. I'm telling you, your bloggites will love you more for it!

And finally, I think you should start using the Acronym MDCRSTNOLT. Why? Because it never fails that you use "Music Director for a College Radio Station That No One Listens To" every single time you talk about your job. So I think you should just save some time by utalizing the acronym. Besides there are more ridiculous ones out there... I mean MMORPG? or GLBTQ? or NIIOMTPLABOPARMBETZHELBETRABSBOMONIMONKONOTDTEKHSTROMONT? Yeah, it's real... look it up.

Scott said...

Yeah some of the best stand-up I've ever heard is from Bill. He doesn't really do stand up as we know it, just like you said he'll stand there and tell you stories and you're just enraptured. It's like you're listening to some great sage here to tell you about his children and things. The man really is amazing.

Also, I don't use toilet humor! And I swear only because it's a part of my vocabulary to the point that I don't really think about it. So...yeah I guess I should probably work on that. It gets really awkward in church when I say "What the hell time is it?" Or something a little more blue. Probably best to stop that.

Finally, MD4?! This is quite possibly one of the horsemen of the apocalypse. I was angry enough about D3 not being in 3D, come on the marketing practically writes itself! And the worst part? It's going to be some randon group of new kids, because the old ones are pushing 30 now. Vehomently doesn't even cover my opposition to this monstrosity.

Off to write a letter...

- Scott

Scott said...

Oh I forgot to mention. Rob, you do that too?! I've always kept a little notepad file called BlogPoints that I list blogging ideas in. It's pretty long now and there's a few unrealized ideas still on it, I also add to it all the time. The most random ideas come to me while I'm just walking around or hanging out.

I have a seperate one called StandUp/Conversation because a lot of the things I want to express don't work unless I actually deliver them verbally. Occasionally these end up on my blog and people will be confused, which is a shame because with the proper delivery they're gems.

Anyway I'm just amazed that you do the Notepad thing too.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tim, You're HOTT!

Timmy Tapeworm said...

Oh! Oh thank you, Master Blogger God, for coming down from your perch on the mountain to bestow your beautiful advice upon your lowly servants! A text file with ideas in it - finally, the secret to your daily blogging! We are truly not worthy!

Actually, that...that is a pretty good idea. I apologize for the sarcasm.

I think I tried to do that during the summer, but slacked. Now I'm always like, "There was something I wanted to blog about...what was it?" I'll try to get back in the habit.

Scott - tell me about it. The plot of MD4 - Joshua Jackson returns as Charlie Conway, who is - get this - forced to coach a youth hockey team. Brilliant! Of course, he'll seek advice from his old coach. Probably somewhere around the second act emotional breakdown. You know, just before the coach has to go skating/rollerblading and rekindle his true love for the game? There's talk of a possible Mighty Ducks marathon tomorrow night, which would be the most ridiculous/awesome thing ever.

I'm really digging this new comment format.

Thanks, anonymous. I think you're hot with two t's too.