9.21.2005

The Art of Posing with Poseurs

Okay, enough about that crazy Raph character. His day is over. He can start his own blog if he likes the attention so much. Back to me.

Not too much going on here - just preparation for the big move and mundane things like getting my eyes checked. Incidentally, my eyesight is incredible. I actually have laser eyes. And I know what you're thinking.

So because I don't have much to talk about, it's time once again for a...

RANDOM PICTURE OF THE DAY:

Actually, it's time for a random SERIES of pictures...of the day.

Back in the spring semester of my junior year, I was asked by a friend of mine to help him out with his final project for a class. In one of the journalism classes, the final project is to produce and film a TV show. They chose to do a late-night talk show in the style of The Tonight Show, et al, and asked me to be the host. So it came to be that I was involved in "The Great Late Show with Tim Ryder." Good thing they got me or the name would have made no sense. ZERO SENSE!

Part of the prep for the show was to get pictures of me that could be used to bump into and out of commercials. So I walked around Drake's campus with none other than Miss Keri Thompson, which was funny because we didn't really know each other at the time but are great friends now. We took quite a few pictures of me (58 in fact) doing many silly things on campus and they really turned out well. They're actually some of my favorite pictures of myself, and I generally don't like pictures of myself, so that's saying something.

Anyway, I recently unearthed the CD with these pics on it from my vault o' crap and thought I'd share some. I really was tempted to just post a ton of them, but I thought it would be better if I doled them out in series, just to stretch things out.

The first series is with some statues outside the Harmon Fine Arts Center, or FAC. (It's where all the music and theater nerds live.)



At first, the group and I were getting along great. I thought we meshed well and really sounded great together. I was going to name us "Tim and the Coppertops," because some of their heads were wearing through and maybe Duracell would sponsor us.



Then that stupid little boy kept losing his place in the music. Look at me trying to get him back on beat, but he's not paying attention. Look, he's not even LOOKING at the music. How unprofessional.



So I thought I'd switch gears and bring out the axe. (I'm totally rocking a G chord in this picture.)



I could totally wail with those guys. (I'm still rocking a G chord, you just can't tell.)

But then that stupid little girl told me I was out of tune.



So I broke my guitar over her head.

It was the big finale.



You can thank Keri for the great photography. And don't worry,
there are plenty more where those came from. Just wait until you see the series entitled "Variations on a Theme of Olmsted Furniture and Howard the D-Shoppe Guy."

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

why am i not surprised that you had 0 comments on this entry.

it totally blew.

haha jk..
misss yaaaaa

<3
ur fave asian

Anonymous said...

HERE! One comment for an awesome post.

With AWESOME pictures!

that I took.


-K

tara d. said...

you are nearly plausible as iron guy!

s'neat.

Jake said...

I dare say you're an EXCELLENT POSEUR.

Anonymous said...

Ah, the photos that made me fall in love with you.

Sigh.

J