4.11.2006

My car is rapidly depreciating

While I did promise to discuss today how someone stole my car cover, it strikes me that there's not much more to say than that.

Someone stole my car cover.

Although it was quite windy on Friday, I highly doubt that it was blown off and if it was, you'd think it would be somewhere in the general vicinity. And I certainly didn't misplace it. Which leaves someone taking it. I also doubt that the person that stole it also owns a '99 Dodge Stratus and just knew it would be a perfect fit. I bet it was just some stupid drunk Cubs fans (because Cardinals fans are classier than that) who thought it would be hilarious.

Thanks a ton, stupid drunk Cubs fans. I'm sure this will only be the first of many times I curse you this season.

I noticed my car cover was missing the same morning that the ComCast guys completely failed to show. Apparently, they called the number on the account about 2 hours after their window had closed. Of course, this connected them to Beth in Denver, who was no help in getting them into the building. I felt that the call meant they were at least trying, so they get one more chance.

I'm serious this time, ComCast. You blow this, and I don't care how much we love your Dating on Demand service, you're gone.

Then, just when I think Chicago's gone off the deep end, it gets to be 70 degrees and lovely ladies start jogging again.

Okay, Chicago. We're cool for now.

4 comments:

Josh said...

At least the Stallion had a fantastic career.
In mention of the weather, I'm now of the theory that all teachers check the Farmer's Almanac to find the precise day that Spring will reveal itself.

And then schedule papers centering on that day.

Anonymous said...

I too am glad that the weather is finally beginning to be warmer. I hope it stays this way.....you know how temperamental it can be up here.

p.s. I was apparently about 2 blocks away from your appartment on Saturday. ..weird.

tara d. said...

lovely ladies start jogging again
= your memoir title

i thought you had grandmas that read this! you should be ashamed.

man, talk to me about depreciation of cars. my poor truck. you said it. we can wash it once every two weeks - that helps a ton. UGH! ELLL-TRAAACKS!

watching dudes jog but feeling dead inside,
tara "cubs win!" d.

Anonymous said...

um why did you have a car cover in the first place?