4.06.2006

Whole week catch-up

Sorry for the cliffhanger, folks. The Internet has been a little wonky around here. I scheduled an appointment for someone from ComCast to come and look at it this Saturday between 10-12. This is your last chance, ComCast. Don't blow it.

ComCast was not my only customer service call today. I also had to call Capital One about a mysterious charge on my statement. Apparently, Capital One charges membership fees now. Get over yourself, Capital One. You're not that cool of a club. Anyway, this blog heartily endorses GetHuman for dealing with customer service. Check out their extensive list of companies and the secret code to get straight to a real person.

It turns out that I inadvertently followed the code for ComCast without even looking it up, as one of the ways to get to a person is to just sit there silently. I must be amazingly intuitive.

Upon exiting the El today, I noticed a blind man selling flowers for "Blind Sports." If I were that guy, I think a good bit would be to pretend to see people.

My first CSz show was super fun and went really well. I had a great time playing the show with a bunch of other newbies and a couple veterans (who have seen a lot of first shows) said it was definitely one of the better first shows they've seen.

I did CSz 4 Kidz on Saturday, which was also super fun. Kids are hilarious. My most memorable moment came during a game of "Stage Directions" when I picked up a slip that said "Speak with an African accent." I don't know what exactly came out of my mouth at that point, but it sounded more Italian than anything. It was hilarious and awful.

Seriously, how do you do an African accent without being a bushman or being terribly stereotypical and racist? Talk like Titembay in Garden State?

Helpful hints are always accepted. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to practice my African accent on the El on my way to work.

I'll probably get shot.

P.S. This blog also heartily recommends the spoofs of NBC's "The More You Know" PSAs done by members of The Office. Could they put out something and it not be funny? This reporter says no.

5 comments:

Josh said...

Brother, always nice to know you're not dead, which is a constant worry. That, and the pangs of aliens growing in my chest cavity, and I'm over that. In more news, I'm almost over geocasheing.

Scott said...

I think you're forgetting to blog about the best part of your weekend. I'll give you a second chance. But then, NO MORE!

- Scott

Scott said...

I'll give you a hint. It was me.

- Scott

Anonymous said...

i have to agree with your brother on this one...good to know you are alive...and now that i know... *clears throat*...shame on you...that is all.

Anonymous said...

oh, hey...wonky? i really hate to be the one to tell you but...you're somewhat less than british

good try, though. really admirable attempt at cool