5.09.2006

I won't quote Hamlet for this one, jerks

Ugh. Tell me about it, T-Rex.

Sorry for the lack of updates recently. I didn't mean to linger for almost a week on the whole "cognate" fiasco, but sometimes these things happen. And language is important. I feel very strongly about this.


I've been pretty busy moving all of my things down the hall to my new room. Now that Beth has left for Denver, I'm moving on up. And now that I think about it, it really is to the east side of the apartment. Huh. How about that.

My new room is pretty sweet and as much as I hate having things all jumbly and out of place, it's slowly coming together. I'll put up some pictures as soon as it's all put together.

It now strikes me that I never really posted pictures of my old room, so there are very few of you who will ever know the difference. To the vast majority of you, I might as well have lived in this new room since October. The only people who will know the difference are those privileged few who have actually stepped foot in my room (I'm looking in your direction, long line of broken-hearted ladies*).

I'm excited about my new room because it'
s got a big closet that I don't have to risk head injury to get into and a window so I can know exactly what time the bars close each night. These things are very important to me. And oh yes, did someone say beanbag chair left by the previous resident that's going right in front of the Playstation? I think they did.

Get excited, people. It's a new era.



*read: Andy, Scotty, and Niles the Cat. None are ladies and one isn't even human.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hel-LO! I saw your room last december, jerk! I was WITH Andy, remember? I DEMAND that you edit that post.

DEMAND, I say!!!


Keri

Josh said...

Someone owns a Cookie Monster lunchbox because of two visitors. And one of those was a girl.
However married, still.

Good day.

Timmy Tapeworm said...

YOU GUYYYYS!!**

I know I've had SOME ladies in my room, but if I would have added them to the list, it wouldn't have been as funny! Come on, what's a little lie for comic effect?


**phrase copyright of Tara D, 2003. Reprinted with permission.

Scott said...

I've used that defense for years. "He didn't really lose an eye!" they say. Well of course not. But without that bit the story lacks intensity and comes off as anticlimactic. And really if you're going for anticlimax you might as well just go watch Mission: Impossible III.

Anyway, I hang my head for the loss of that room. It was pretty sweet. With a window in the closet that you had to scale part of a wall to enter, no discernable reasoning for the gemoetry, and a door that you would occasionally slam to scare people. Man. Them were times *tear*.

Good luck in the new room. I bet Niles won't even visit you anymore though. He was all about the proximity to the kitchen.

- Scott

Rob said...

wait... you're in Chicago?

when did this happen...

Jon said...

other people who have been in that old room: Tara D. and me. how could you forget me? or do roomies not count? What about your parents? Do they not count?

-Jon the Jerk.

tara d. said...

now that you're closer to my room, don't keep me awake with your hentai.



i said it.

Jake said...

aha! I knew it!