7.30.2004

What IS going on?

So I came to the realization that my blog, while full of fairly entertaining observations on Chicago and pop culture, was orginally created so that people could keep up with my adventures. In this regard, it has done fairly poorly. So, for once, here's what I've been up to.

My big accomplishment this week was my show. That's right kids, for the first time in a while, Tim Ryder took to the stage. Since my 8-week improv class was complete, the only thing left for us to do was a student showcase for our friends and family. And let me tell you, it was awesome.

It was on the ComedySportz stage, with sound and lights and music and a referee, just like a real CSz show. I loved it because it made me feel like a real pro, even though I'm just starting out. So technically, it was amazing. But all the student shows were technically amazing.

However, ours was amazing all the way around. The people in my class are very talented and incredibly fun, which was reflected in the show. Everything went really well and the crowd loved it. I felt pretty good about how I did. Some highlights of mine include being the 7-year-old tester of Highlights on a panel of experts and the guy behind the counter at The Peach Pit. (You know, from 90210. The Peach Pit was suggested as a location. I don't usually pull 90210 references out of my back pocket. Seriously, I don't.)

So everything went great and our teacher had really nice things to say. She said it was probably one of the best student shows she's ever seen (which is pretty stinking good, considering we're only in Level 101.) What sucks is that I'm one of only two people in the class not continuing to the next level. Stupid college. Stupid senior year. I'm going to really miss playing with those guys. But don't worry, Chicago. I'll be back. That was just a taste of what's to come. When you get the full course, you won't know what hit you.

Well, that was the cockiest I've been for a while. I'm going to go watch some real improvisors now to deflate my ego.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lil' Brudder,
That sounds great, but you used "love" in your last comment, oh man, how sick are you. That makes we want to, HUL-GH!
-j

Anonymous said...

Ah, if only I could be more like you, Tim. Also, I'm sure Iowa's going to be a fun place to be after all this Chicago-ness. w00t!
- Jake

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the improv is wicked fun, Bro-seph! Perhaps you should start a Drake troupe of some kind... ugh... that won't be happening. A little DM news for you... Hershel "Forward-Action" Jackson will no longer be clogging your Drake account. He has forwarded himself to another college and will be annoying a whole new batch of students.
Zing! (mini-zing)
AM

Timmy Tapeworm said...

This year, I'm serious about the improv troupe, Android. (spontaneous new nickname for you.) I mean, come on. I've received training. I want to publicize it and make it official. I've already got the perfect name: Drake Improvisational Comedy Experiment, or D.I.C.E. Come on and roll the D.I.C.E., baby. Oh yes, it will happen.

Timmy Tapeworm said...

Oh, and I could not be more excited about the exodus of Herschel Jackson. That dude was terrible. He gave Directors of Student Activities a bad name. Oh, and the same with black people.

Anonymous said...

I would say I'd love to join the improv troop... but I don't think you think I am at all funny, Senor Timbo Tapey.

But hey, I'd love to help ya...

Also, I'm very glad to see Hershel go, he was a nice guy, but I've seen burnt out lightbulbs that were brighter than him, if you know what I mean.

Foxy