8.05.2004

Idiosyncrasy is a cool word. Idiosyncratic is cooler.

I have a really weird habit when I type things. I've noticed it recently because I've been writing press releases for ComedySportz. Sometimes, I'll start a sentence and then pause in the middle, not knowing what to write. So I go with my stream of consciousness and it always ends up being really excited. Take, for example:

"This Saturday, August 28th at ComedySportz...will be AWESOME!!"

When I really meant to give exciting and specific details about an upcoming show. Sometimes it ends up being self-congratulatory and then it's not even gramatically correct:

"This Saturday, August 28th at ComedySportz I am the coolest."

Seriously, this happens when I'm writing. I don't know why. I guess my brain is embarrassed that it couldn't think faster than my fingers can type. So it gets all ashamed and has to pump itself up to keep going.

"ComedySportz will have a limited run you're doing fine, keep it up."

So in future blog entries, I'm thinking about not editing those types of sentences. I'll just leave them and keep going. I think it could be a good running gag.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

timmy the fact that you are only going to include more random thoughts only brightens my day even more. definitely something to look forward to. so saw raising helen the other day and can i just say...i am the coolest person ever. oh man, that just doesn't work when i do it. anyway, most dragged out, wasted good parts on the previews movie i have seen in a while. oh, and finally, i have indeed experience josh's manufactured memories with the idea that you and he did not watch tv growing up as a rule in your house. of course, when i mentioned this around your parents, they both gave me the, "are you kidding?" look. thanks josh. i'm a tool. on a side note, since you are so hip on brunettes, i do have this friend....who is a girl. if you are interested, and she is funny too. but not as funny as you.
-a

Anonymous said...

You are seriously the funniest person I know. You have brightened my day more times than I can remember since the leukemia thing we've got going on here. Thank you for making me laugh...when laughter has been rare sometimes!!!
-Your friend from traumatic psychology

Timmy Tapeworm said...

Hey, thanks for trying to hook me up, Allyn. That's not creepy at all. And it's okay that she's not as funny as me. I like girls that are funny, but they can't be funnier than me. That only serves to undermine my confidence and deflate my ego. Which, as we all know, yields disastrous results. Hope you enjoyed dinner with the 'rents this eve.

Thanks, Amy! You make me feel really good when you say I'm funny! For every person who thinks I'm funny, that's one step closer to being professionally funny. So thanks, and keep smiling!