8.09.2004

Just for you, Chicago

Sorry for falling off the face of the internet planet, as Allyn so eloquently put it, but I've had kind of a busy weekend. Don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.

That's a quote from Napoleon Dynamite. If you took my advice, you've seen it already. If you haven't, then you're a freaking idiot! Gosh! (More quotes.)

Anyway, I'll recap my weekend in another post, but at Allyn's request, here's another random Chicago experience. (Because my blog's main purpose is to entertain my brother's girlfriend.)

I was walking down the street to the El and a guy approached me walking the other way. He looked kind of disheveled and a little disoriented like he was drunk or high or both. When he was a few feet away, he said, "How you doing, brother?" I knew I shouldn't respond, because that question, if responded to, is usually followed by "Got any change?" or "Can you help a homeless person?" or "Want to trade this baby for crack?"

But I went against my better judgement and said, "I'm good, man." To my surprise, the guy just kept walking and said, "Have a good one," thus completing a perfectly normal social interaction with a complete stranger.

I laughed all the way down the block.

I love Chicago.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tim, great story! Thanks for sharing. And yes, I have not gone to see all these "different" films you've been reviewing lately. Because you feel so strongly about it, I will try to catch one of them, but this is really stepping out for me. Don't worry, I will let you know what I think. :) So, I hear you are seeing a different version of Romeo and Juliet this weekend? Curious to hear more about that. Better get to work, some of us keep normal daylight hours. (obviously not you and josh, who has now stated that when i come to visit camp i should be prepared to not sleep, like he does). wahoo!
-al