8.25.2004

Requisitions

I love things that are seemingly required in certain situations. You know, requisite stuff. I love the requisite crotchety old man that every town has. That guy who has nothing better to do than get involved in local politics and come to every town meeting and hate on stuff. Those guys are great.

I love the requisite victory celebrations at the Olympics. Tonight's celebration by U.S. beach volleyball gold medalists Kerri Walsh and Misti May was especially good. It's obvious that Kerri Walsh has a great deal of affection for her partner. I watched both the medal ceremony and the in-studio interview very closely and it's obvious that she likes her. I actually think she likes her likes her. I kept waiting for them to start making out during the playing of the national anthem, but no luck. They probably thought that would be disrespectful and waited until they got back to the Olympic Village. Good for them. And very good for me...

Finally, I love the requisite "hallway drama" of dormitories. There's always one girl who sits out in the hallway and talks to her boyfriend back home on the cell phone. And it inevitably deteriorates into drama, and the tears begin to flow, and I have to gingerly walk by on my way to the bathroom. Man, I love the requisite hallway drama.

Wait, no I don't. I hate that crap.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You insensitive jerk!
- Jake

Scott said...

"No mon, lets go watch How Stella Requisitioned Her Groove Back"

- Futurama

All I could think about during this post...That is until the lipstick lesbian reference. Nice attention grabber. (Not all she's grabbin'.) Anyway, glad to see more regular TimmyTapeWorm posts. Later - Scott

Timmy Tapeworm said...

I could have guessed you were a main producer of hallway drama, Jacob. Don't bring your problems into my walkway space. Jerk.

Scotty, I read today that right after they won match point, Kerri Walsh dropped to her knees in celebration. Then Misti May tackled her and they rolled around in the sand for a while. How's that for hot?