9.01.2004

Isn't this a great post?!

I've mentioned this to a few people because I learned it during my internship and found it fascinating. So I thought I'd share it with everyone. Here we go.

Did you know that ?! (as in "Isn't this a great post?!") is an officially recognized punctuation mark known as an "interrobang"? In typography, it's formed by superimposing the exclamation point over the question mark and is used to "punctuate rhetorical statements where neither the question nor an exclamation alone exactly serves the writer." Seriously, check it out. http://www.interrobang-mks.com/ I just thought I'd mention that because "interrobang" is the greatest name for a punctuation mark ever. Ah, the things you learn during internships...

I'm going to start a band and call it "Interrobang".

INTERROBANG!! Say it with me! INTERROBANG!!

1 comment:

Scott said...

You and your interrobang. Pimpin' it on my site. Pimpin' it on your site. I showed it to my (really hot) English Professor. She thought it was pretty worthless, but it did give me an opportunity to show her my blog which she (of course) thoroughly enjoyed. Although I've begun to impart this little gem of grammatic info on people and they're generally impressed. So, props for the "smart-make-me-looking-info" - Scott