9.08.2004

It means "No Worries." Did you know that? It does.

Proving once again that random musical encounters are not limited to large metropolitan cities, I had a particularly strange one today on Drake's campus. While walking across our quad, two girls passed me walking the other way. They looked pretty young, probably freshmen.

Here's the kicker: they were singing, in unison, "Hakuna Matata." Yes, the cheery happy song from The Lion King. Not overly loud like they wanted the entire world to hear them, but loud enough to make you think they maybe wouldn't mind if you were a talent scout and heard them and immediately signed them to a record deal.

It made me laugh. I mean, one person singing to themself isn't anything to blog home about - God knows I get some looks for doing just that - but these girls were obviously putting some effort into coordinating their Disney show tunes. Crazy.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go stick my head out of my door and rap at people as they walk by.


No comments: