9.19.2004

Screaming on kids like Bobcat Goldthwait

It's been quite the weekend. I have many fun stories to share, but I'm going to split them up so I don't make a mondo long post. I know you guys have short attention spans and are only willing to read for so long. I can sympathize. Sometimes I get tired reading the comic page in the paper.

Here's something interesting: I'm gaining more and more respect for hip-hop. This is a somewhat startling development for a kid whose most adventurous musical selection is Stryper. But I think I've made a deliniation in my mind between rap and hip-hop and there is most definitely a difference. For example: Black Eyed Peas - cool. Chingy - ridiculously uncool.

The title of this post is an actual lyric from my new favorite hip-hop group: Psyche Origami. I got their CD in the mail at our campus radio station. Here's my favorite stanza so far:

"Call the paramedics while I work you all to edits/
Psyche O's the main feature, comin' first up on the credits/
You comin' up last, just like a dolly grip/
After I confronts for twenty years, you'll have to switch to Super Poligrip/
With Efferdent to polish it."

Who would've guessed that it would take lyrics about film credits and dentures to turn me on to hip-hop? Not me.

More posts about midgets and poker to come...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I gotta agree with you about the Black Eyed Peas thing. "Where is the Love" didn't really bother me as much as I expect most songs to. It really helps when the songs aren't about how pimp you are. I've got some Vanilla Ice in the house. "What it's like... havin' a Roni."

Rob

Scott said...

Another cosmic coincidence, I have a story involving midgets from this weekend as well. I just need some time to post and some booze. It doesn't help the spelling, just the flow. Fortunately I'm currently (even as I post this) taking a final for my HTML class, I'll be done with finals tomorrow so expect a flurry of bloggin'. hmm, come to think of it I could be cheating. Wow, how about that. But not only does mine involve midgets, it involves various felonies and perscription pill poppers. I'm lucky to be alive! - Scott

Anonymous said...

I rather disagree:

Fergie from Black Eyed Peas - ridiculously unnecessary, therefore uncool.

So, Black Eyed Peas with Fergie: borderline uncool

Black Eyed Pease sans Fergie: back to ridiculously cool

And how could you possibly be uncool with a name like Chingy? Especially when you concert tour includes the ValAir Ballroom in Des Moines?

Timmy Tapeworm said...

My view:

Fergie from Black Eyed Peas: Ridiculously hot and therefore awesome.