1.19.2005

Timmy Tapeworm: Cat Burglar

Hey, thanks for all the computer gaming memories, guys. Really takes me back. They were almost as good as Teddy Graham Memories.

In other news, I've made the switch to Firefox. All the cool kids are doing it.

So here's a fun story. The past couple nights, our senior PR class has been conducting research for our clients, which involves calling a bunch of Des Moines citizens and asking them to take a survey. Some are nice and give you their time, some hang up, some don't understand English.

Some call the police.

When I called my very first number, a lady picked up. I asked if there was a male present because, due to statistical sampling, we're supposed to alternate. She said no, so I said I'd call back. When I called back later that evening, she was very upset and asked for my name and who authorized me to call, looking for males in the house. Seems she equated checking for a male with casing the joint for a future break-in. After I called the first time, she called the police and said that this might be related to the recent "rash of Beaverdale break-ins."

I can totally see where she was coming from. I mean, it's not like I said I was a senior PR student at the local, well-known university. I definitely didn't explicitly name the organization sponsoring the survey. Oh wait, I did both of those things. I also said I was looking for a male 24 years or older (because, as an experienced cat burglar, I could take ANYONE under 24). She was a crazy lady.

Well, I gotta go. If she thinks I'm casing her place, I can't disappoint her. I've got some serious burgling to do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tim I usually just read you guys blogs but I have to tell you this one made me laugh out loud...... Mom French

Rob said...

Hey Tim. Welcome to the club! We're all professional stalkers now. If you need any help, Scott and I would be glad to provide. Scott seems to know the latest about digital surveillance equipment. And I'm good with orchestrating background music to go with all of our stalking endeavors. For yours I suggest: The Benny Hill Theme Song. Good luck!

Jake said...

Tim, you fool! You didn't breathe heavy into the phone and ask her what she was wearing!

Scott said...

Wow, you switched to Firefox? That's amazing, next thing we know you'll be blogging. Oh wait, that's right...You've already jumped on every other internet craze.

I'd just like to say that I've been using Firefox longer than all of you and furthermore that I'm a better person and you're all poseurs.

However, great story. I have heard that the home penetration in Beaverdale is up significantly. (heh heh) I blame The WB, I don't know how they're involved but I'm sure it was them. I officially claim as my stalking background theme: Tarzan Boy by Baltimora. I just like that song, and sneaking around in the dark with that on in the background? That's GOLD Jerry GOLD!

-Scott