1.10.2005

Draculukkah

Okay, so I took a little Christmas break from blogging. So sue me, sue me, what can you do me? You would think that all the extra time would lead to a veritable torrent of blogging. Ah, you'd think that, but you'd be wrong. It's Hambone. (Only Josh and cool people get that joke.) Besides, I think those quotes were more than good enough to leave in the top spot for two weeks. They were deserving of at least 24 rereads, if not more.

Anyway, I'm back in the blog world and I'm back in Des Moines, where it snowed. A lot. It's amazing that the three solid days of rain that we received in Jerseyville came down as about three solid days of snow here in Des Moines. Actually, it's not that amazing. It's pretty simple physics. A little temperature change, a little change in the state of matter and biggity-bang, you have a winter wonderland of snow. (Which, contrary to its pretty appearance, is actually hiding an icy deathtrap of...ice. So...watch out for that.)

So hi, hello, welcome back, good to see you again, good to be back, let's banter, blah blah blah. Here's a thought that some friends and I were throwing around this weekend.

A vampire is coming right at you and you, being well-versed in vampiric lore, whip out a cross and wave it in his face. But the cross has no effect! With a slight wave of his hand and a muttered "Feh," he proceeds to suck your blood and what's more, he makes YOU feel guilty about it!

Because he's JEWISH!!

Hey, it could happen! "McWORLD!!"

Ah, it's good to be back.

2 comments:

Rob said...

I didn't realize the effectiveness of the religious artifacts was based upon the vampires personal spiritual convections. Does this mean that a true vampire slayer needs to be mulitculturally minded? Complete with a Qur'an, Silver Dredal, and the standard crucifix? What if the Vampire is Atheist? or better yet, Taoist? Wicca? Amish? I don't think I like where this line of though can take you.

Rob said...

*Thought* not though...

Figured I'd be the first to correct myself.