1.22.2005

Traditional media sucks. Yeah, I said it.

I've really been getting into webcomics this year. Don't get me wrong, I still love the syndicated newspaper comics that are good, of which there are very few. Get Fuzzy, Frazz, and Brewster Rockit, Space Guy are some notable newcomers that I really love. Relative newcomers, I should say, but since Beetle Bailey has been around for 80 freaking years, that makes a lot of strips relative newcomers. And don't even get me started on Prince Valiant.

But like all traditional media, the web has its own versions and they're every bit as good, if not better. They're more special interest, niche comics, but if you like the subject material, they're gold. For example, gamers can't get enough of Penny Arcade, PvP, and Ctrl-Alt-Del.

But I've finally found the webcomic that speaks to my niche. It's called Questionable Content and it's the webcomic for indie hipsters. The author name-drops indie bands like it's his job, the characters are really smart and funny, and there's an anthropomorphisized PC. What more could you want? Wait, what's that you say? You want someone to make fun of emo? Done and done.

Maybe I'll put my favorite webcomics in a links section sometime. Because I'm sure you all really care a lot and because I'm such an amazing html programmer.

2 comments:

Scott said...

Both because this is a funny webcomic, and because I read as fast as Star Jones eats, I've been skimming along reading past entries and I think I've found the most hilarious one. It was all good but the robots last comment killed me. Here's the link.Sounds like one of my lines. I officially like this robot.

- Scott

Timmy Tapeworm said...

I love Pintsize! He's hilarious! He's got a great running gag where he shoots a laser from his stomach. The author has stated that he enjoys writing for the human characters more, so he doesn't pop up too often, but when he does, it's gold.