1.31.2005

Makes-'em-ups-as-you-goes-alongsies

Not a lot to report these days. Lots of internship, a little bit of class, and the occasional hang with friends. The third week in, you start to settle into your routine. It's not a bad deal. I'm more a creature of habit than I like to admit, but I like my routine.

I did a terrible thing on Saturday. I engaged in physical activity. Bad idea. Raph and I headed over to the Tennis Center to...um...play tennis, but upon arrival, we were told that there was nothing less than a HUGE MVC TOURNAMENT being played there all weekend. We really should start calling over before making the 10-minute walk. So we played racquetball instead. This is the sport in which two people are enclosed in a room with a super bouncy ball and try to hit each other. Great sport, racquetball. Then I played an hour and a half of broomball with my boys at Valley HSM. Broomball is also a great sport, but is killer on your leg muscles. I'm still sore. I'm still out of shape.

Mondays have one redeeming feature this semester: improv. I don't think I've mentioned this, but I started an improv troupe on campus last semester. It's called DICEY, which stands for Drake Improv Comedy Experiment, Yo. It's a great time. Just a bunch of fun kids getting together once a week to act like...well, kids. Tonight's exercises explored the empathy of soliders, virtual reality Smurf movies, and Nude Math. No, not New Math. Nude Math. You've never thought the word "rhombus" was dirty until you saw that sketch. It's good times.

Lastly, I love Jimmy Eat World to death, but that doesn't stop this from being funny.

3 comments:

Scott said...

Sadly Tim, you seem to be forgetting about my Geometry Fetish. I'm disappointed with you, you said I was special! Ah, what a shame.

But I do know what you mean about having nothing to report. Makes it hard to blog when nothing stands out from the daily routine. That's what I call the 'staging period' wherein you think up new possibilities for wacky misadventury.

Anyway enjoy your improv you lucky bastard, what with the going to a 'real' college with activites for students instead of the steaming load of crap my school will be willing to dump on your chest. And on that note I leave you to reflect.


- Scott

Rob said...

Yeah, it was easier to blog when I had a job. This is getting rough... anyways. T: If you want my help, how about you CALL ME SOMETIME!

actually I just need your mailing address.

Anonymous said...

Hey Timmy sign me up for some tennis lessons, I am so excited! Or if that doesn't work out, I had some experience on the raquetball court in college. Let's just say serious ninja skills. So that could be fun. :) Did Josh tell you he bought a baseball glove? Today is beautiful weather so we are out to throw the ball around. What a hoot!
al