4.09.2005

It's official.

I'm the funniest guy ever.

Tonight at Drake, there was a stand-up comedy competition: Last Drake Comic Standing. About 8 students went up and did 5-minute acts and there was some pretty stiff competition. Some pretty funny stuff was said. The audience voted and 3 were picked to move on. Then those 3 did 3-minute bits and the audience picked a winner, who would be given the opportunity to open for Kyle Cease, the professional comedian performing tomorrow.

Well, I won.

For the first act, I came out and did some one-liners, then talked about NASCAR for a while. My second act was all about how I'm tall and don't fit in showers. I'd transcribe it, but it's really late and I have to get up wicked early tomorrow. Anyway, it was a great night. Lots of fun. Now I just have to get my act ready to open for a real comedian tomorrow night. It's kind of comforting because I know he's going to destroy me, but that's his job and he gets paid for it. I'm just there to have a little fun, warm up the audience, then get the heck out of the way. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

Man, I love making people laugh. I've got to find a way to get paid for it so I can do it forever.

5 comments:

Scott said...

Congrats Tim. Not to downplay the victory, but I was sure you'd win. No way Drake has someone funnier than you around. Now if I were there... Just be grateful eh? Actually, I don't know. It's between really making the audience laugh and getting run out of town by an angry mob with torches and pitch forks (it's Iowa right?).

Seriously, have fun tonight. And really? I think you have the potential to be better than the headliner. Especially when you consider that his claim to fame is being the "Slow Clapper" from Not Another Teen Movie. I will say that part was probably the most funny and memorable in the movie, but look at the rest of the movie! Really, his last movie was called "The Hand Job". Let's just say I think you have this one in the bag. But good luck all the same.

- Scott

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Timmy RyRy! He IS the funniest guy on Drake's campus! Your material was very funny last night kiddo and I can't wait to watch you again tonight... and by the way, I would rather think of you naked than of everything the red head said she does!! (it was very bother some and it burned my brain, ewwww).
You are amazing (as always!)... So stay amazing!

~House

Anonymous said...

I loved this whole competition because, for the first time in my life, everyone agreed with me! I was right! You ARE the funniest person in the world.

Props for being absostinkinglutely hilarious and keeping it clean too my friend. My innocent mind appreciates it. :)

Joanna

Jake said...

I keep having visions of seeing you on Friday Night Stand Up...usually from an electronics shop window moments before the manager chases me away with a broom and I go back to my box under the 5th Street Bridge and I cry myself to sleep.

Andrew said...

You were hilarious Tim

Andrew