11.01.2005

Halloweenie

Holy crap, Rob. Prussian Blue is like an alternate-reality version of Smoosh. An alternate-reality in which they are brought up by really creepy pro-white people.

So...Halloween, right?

Discuss!

Halloween on Clark Street is lots of fun, because there are lots of bars and silly drunk people in costume. The best line of the weekend was reported to me by Tara, who said she heard some guy yell, "Hey Miller Light Can! Miller Light Can, you dropped your wallet!"

I was helping ComedySportz give away fliers and mini-frisbees on Sunday to little kids in costume. Over on Southport, the merchant corridor gives away candy and tells kids to come by. It was great, because little kids in costume are hilarious.

I decided that day that if I ever have kids, I'm going to dress them up in costume as often as possible. I don't care if it's not Halloween or even anywhere close, some days I'll just say, "Guess what, little guy? Today's a costume day! Go pick one out from your closet!"

Then my kid will be the weird costume kid at school. I'll probably wreck his life, but it's not wrong if it's hilarious.

Cool observed costumes, anyone? Discuss!

6 comments:

Rob said...

My favorite costume of all time was seen at ISU a few years back. A group of 5-7 guys all wearing white sweatsuits... white shoes, socks and hoodie (with hoods up and pulled tight). On their back in iron-on letters: Ovarian Swim Team. Numbers and Names included (Sqirmy, Sqiggily, Swimmy, etc)

Scott said...

Dude, smoosh is playing with The Go! Team? That's f*cking awesome. Except for my utter lack of knowledge of just who the crap Smoosh might be, but The Go! Team wouldn't allow themselves to play with a crappy band, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Also, nice double usage of a blog link. Prussian Blue strikes me as pretty hilarious, but fake. Seriously, their verbal skills make Dakota Fanning look like Corky from Life Goes On. And the last paragraph about their favorite artists?

"We really like Avril Lavigne, Evanescence, Three Days Grace, Green Day, AC/DC, and Alison Krauss. For racial groups we like Final War, CutThroat, Saga, Max Resist, Youngland, Brutal Attack, and of course Skrewdriver. But our all-time favorite is Barney the purple dinosaur!"

I mean did The Onion write this or what?

On an unrelated note, I still like my costume from last year, but was intending to go this year as Commander Keen. I had a pogo stick and everything!

- Scott

Anonymous said...

This year, one of my friends was a shower...we're talking hula hoop and shower curtain and everything!
Grade A(my) Woman

Kyle Lobner said...

Perhaps the best idea I've heard in some time: Someone at a party I attended attempted and failed to make a "box wine" costume.

And I agree you'll probably ruin your child's life by allowing him to be "costume guy" at random intervals, but it will be hilarious.

Scott said...

Yeah, I guess it depends on where you're from but a few years ago I saw my first box of wine costume and fell in love. It even had a spout that dispensed real wine. More of a spout to prompt girls into compromising positions if you ask me. But the next year I saw such a ridiculous number of Boxes of Wine it really took the awesome out for me. But I have to agree, the first time around, it's clever as hell. Much like Memento.

- Scott

Anonymous said...

If you would like to see some hilarious kids in costumes look on Mattie's Xanga(MattieKate).The one with a 2 year old Mattie dressed up as Dolly Parton is just rediculous. I don't know what my Aunt Kathy was thinking.